Chapter 10

She looked at me to see if I was following her so far and I nodded.

"Also, when I was eight years old, I met the rest of the Dragomir family. I had seen Andre around school of course, but I had never formally met him before then. Anyway at first, when I first met the Dragomir's, they instantly wanted me to become Lissa's guardian when we graduated. But when they brought it up to Aunt El and mommy Al a few months later, which is when I actually found out about it, they found out that I couldn't be because I am a secret and hidden princess. They understood that I couldn't be Lissa, or anyone else's, guardian even if I wanted to. Which at the time I did want to even though I knew that I never could be. When Lissa and I were fifteen years old we were in that fateful car accident with the rest of her family. That, as you already know, would and did change both of our lives forever. As you also know, that is when Lissa shadow kissed me. But what you haven't been told, or found out for yourself yet, are most of the side effects of being shadow kissed. And if we hadn't of fallen in love, you might never have found out, unless you had actually been assigned as one of my guardians at graduation. And even then, only if you had been assigned as and become one of my closest and most trusted guardians. And you also don't know most of the things that Lissa can do with her spirit magic."

That information, or maybe it was the way that she said it, scared the der'mo out of me. Especially the part about the side effects of being shadow kissed. (shit)

"Can you tell me what the side effects are? Or would you rather not talk about that right now?" I asked carefully and gently because I knew just how difficult it was for her to talk about the accident, the aftermath of the accident and being shadow kissed in general. So I had always tried to be careful when we spoke about it, just to keep from needlessly upsetting her or causing her unneeded pain.

"Well, if you really do plan to stay with me forever, then you really do need to know. Plus, I should also tell you that I honestly think that Aunt Tati assigned you to Lissa and insisted that you be made my mentor. Because she couldn't openly assign you to me without drawing suspicion as to why I, as a dhampir, had an assigned guardian. But by making you my mentor I think, knowing her the way that I do, that she actually intended for us to fall in love."

"As I said, I plan to marry you. So of course I am going to be with you for the rest of my life milaya moya. You are my everything Roza, and I don't ever want to be away from you, not even for one single solitary moment. As for the reason that your beloved aunt assigned me as Lissa's guardian and your mentor. Maybe everything that you just said is true, which would be more than fine with me. According to what Alberta told me, Tatiana loves you very much, and as such I think that she would want you to be as happy and loved as possible. And if she thought that I could be the one to make you that happy and feel that loved. Then I feel very blessed and thankful to her for putting us together. So having Kirova more or less asking me to mentor and train you was planned?" (my dearest)

"Me too Comrade, me too. And yes, I think that it was her way of getting you to 'volunteer' to spend so much time with me." She agreed with me as she fanned her finger through my hair and brushed it back out of my face with a smile on her own face. And then told me what she thinks happened and why.

"I agree with every single word that you just said. I want us together forever too Dimitri my love."

She sighed deeply, "I love you soooo much Comrade."

I couldn't help but smile myself at hearing her words. "Just as I do you lyubov' moya. Just as I love you detka." (my love, baby)

We smiled at each other and made out for a bit before picking our conversation back up right where we left off.