Chapter 17

"Yes, you can do that. But I want you to send most of what you don't want to keep to your family. As the kings family they deserve to live just as well as we and my family will be. Plus, I know that you love, miss, and adore each and every single one of them. So, I want us to make sure that they always have anything and everything that they could ever possibly need or want in their lives."

"You are such a truly amazing, loving, and generous person angel moya. Thank you so much for thinking of that, I really appreciate it sooo much. Thank you." (my)

"You're welcome. I love you Dimitri Crispin Royce Nicholai Belikov, more than my own life." She whispered to me just before she captured my lips with her own in a torturingly amazing and loving kiss.

Several minutes later, after a VERY lengthy, passionate, and loving make out session we continued. "Anyway, because of me we stopped to get something to eat, which meant that we were out past sundown. We were stopped at a railroad crossing, with a train going by, when we were attacked. Aunt El got me and got down in the floor between the seats to hide, just in case. But what shocked me was that she hid me behind her, instead of her hiding behind me. Because according to everything that we are taught at the academy as dhampir, and them as moroi, says that they are to hide behind us no matter our or their age. Even if it is a moroi adult hiding behind a dhampir child. But she didn't do that, instead she completely disregarded teachings and protocols. As she made sure that I made myself just as small as I possibly could behind her. Then she threw her coat over me as more camouflage and put on a pair of leather gloves. And then she, shockingly enough to me, took an extra-long stake out of her purse and prepared for the worst. All of which, minus the gloves since Lissa's stakes all have a wooden handle on them, I have done with Lissa just as you probably did with Ivan. I didn't kill any strigoi myself that day, I mean obviously I was only ten years old after all. But I have, unfortunately, more than made up for it more times than anyone should have to since that day." She informed me sadly. (daddy)

I hated knowing that she has had to kill at all, let alone before she has even graduated from the academy. I wish that she had never had to know what having to kill feels like. But I can see it in her haunted eyes, she has had to kill far more than I have. Possibly even more than all of the guardians here at the academy put together have. And because of the way that I have been behaving since the very day that we met, she has had to deal with that all on her own as well. But that stops right yeblya NOW!! She will never have to go through anything ever again without me right by her side. Right where I belong, right where I have always belonged. (fucking)

I could also see something else in her eyes, she still to this day blames herself for their having to fight that fight that day. And their having to make those kills that they otherwise might not have had to make and then therefore their having to live with those kills. Moya bednaya bednaya lyubov'. (my poor poor love)

"Roza, detka that was not your fault, you were a child regardless of the things that you had to go through up until then, you were hungry. If they were so worried about being out after dark. Then they would have just gone through the drive through, before the sun went down, and let you eat on the drive back to the academy. And yes, I did do that with Ivan on more than one occasion in fact and his stake also had an extended wooden handle on it. So, you see even though you knew that you would never be allowed to become a guardian. That you were a princess who would someday become our queen, you still protected who would have become your charge under different circumstances. You protected your friend, your best friend, your sister detka. You have always protected her and anyone else who you knew ever needed it, not just the moroi. That is just who you are detka. And that is what makes you a hero Roza moya, not only my hero, but the hero to all of those people that the strigoi, that you have killed, didn't get to hurt, kill, or turn. As well as the ones that they would have killed or turned and so on and so forth and ALL of their families and friends as well. You are the hero to people who do not and may not ever even know who you are or that you even exist lyubov' moya." (baby, baby, baby, my, my love)