Chapter 16

"Well, in the beginning it was only one way. But when it became two way, we just pretended that it hadn't changed for security purposes. The only people that have been informed that it is now two way is you of course, mommy Al, Aunt El, Aunt Tati, baba, Uncle Pavel, Uncle Sergei, Emil, Yuri, Celeste, Tamera, Dr. Oldenzki, and Serena. And Dr. Oldenzki only because she is mine and Lissa's primary physician and she always will be. Even after graduation Liz will be leaving with us and stay our primary and private physician. She has already started searching for nurses and more specialized physicians for us for when we need them. Such as obstetricians and pediatricians for when the time comes. She will be based at court but no matter where we are she will jump on a jet and come right to us whenever we might need her." (daddy)

"So, most of your family, Dr. Oldenzki and the fab five are the only ones that know?"

She busted out laughing. "The fab five, I like that. I can't wait to tell them about that, they are going to get a huge kick out of it. And yes, they are the only ones in the know anything at all about either of us as of right now."

I couldn't help but smile at her joy. "I am so glad that you already have your medical situation sorted out, even for after we leave the academy."

"Thanks. She will be all of our primary private physician. Even for when we are all away from court. And although she will be based at court, she has already said that if we ever want or need for her to travel with us. Then she is more than happy to do so. That is one of the conditions for her choice of nurses and others that could be needed. They have to be willing and able to travel whenever and wherever we might have need of them."

I nodded. "That's good detka, very good. Can I ask why you are so much closer to the five of them than to any of the other guardians here at the academy?" (baby)

She looked sad almost haunted all of the sudden.

I cupped her cheek gently. "Hey, if it is a bad memory then you don't have to relive it detka, I don't want you upset." (baby)

"It is a bad memory, but I want you to know. You should know, you deserve to know."

I nodded, "ok, whenever you're ready. Just don't rush or push yourself, take your time lyubov' moya." (my love)

She took a deep breath and began on an exhale. "When I was ten years old, my baba couldn't come see me because he had been in a car accident a few days before. Actually, it wasn't even really an accident, it was an actual attempt on his life. So, I stayed at the academy again that summer since Lissa had already left a few days earlier to travel back to Europe with her family. But I stayed away from him that summer because he thought that it would be safer, for me, until he found out who was trying to kill him and why. So instead of spending that summer with him, a few weeks later they took me to Orlando Florida to Disney World, Universal Studios, Disney Safari park, Sea World, and all the other Disney parks. And anywhere else I wanted to go. We spent an entire month that summer visiting all the different parks and such in Orlando. But back to what we were discussing, he did eventually find the person responsible. It took him a few months, but by the beginning of the next school year he did find them, and they paid a very dear price for doing that. He said that he made them pay so severely for it because if I had been in that car with him, then I could have been hurt or even worse killed. Which as I said was the reason that he had been sooo severely vicious with them. He didn't go into very much detail of course, because as I said I was just ten years old. But he did tell me that he made a very good example out of them. And after he finished with them he displayed them where and in such a way. That anyone else who tried something like that would know exactly what awaited them. He said that anyone that finds out that I am his daughter needs to know that I and the people that I care about are all, totally completely and forever, off limits. That they should know what awaits them if they should ever even attempt to endanger my health, safety, wellbeing, or life in any conceivable way. Or anyone that I care about. And now they do." (father)