Chapter 34

"You have a yacht mladenets? And you realize that there are between twelve hundred and six thousand islands around Greece, right?" (babe)

"Yeah, that was just one of the gifts that my baba gave me on my seventeenth birthday. He also gave me this amazing camera, like real photographers use, along with some really great lenses. Ones that take pictures from almost a mile aways look like they were taken from just a few feet away. They are great, I got to take some amazing nature and wildlife pictures everywhere we went. I also took some fantastic pictures of a few sporting events that we went to. Of course, at some of them we were in the front row, so I didn't really need the telephoto lenses. But at others we were in the private boxes, but the pictures turned out just as well from there as they did from the front row." (father)

I couldn't help but smile at her happiness because it seemed as though she was just as excited about the camera and the lenses as she was about the yacht if not even more. Like I said earlier, the smallest things make her so happy. I guess that is what happens when you go from having nothing to being able to have anything that you could ever even hope for overnight.

"He also bought me a candy apple red Tesla, a royal blue Bugatti Chiron, and a black Alfa Romeo 4c Spider. He also got me lots and lots of smaller things like designer clothes, shoes, handbags, sunglasses, loads of jewelry, and specialty made hair jewelry."

I nodded along with her as she spoke still thinking about how much more excited, she seemed about the camera than everything else that she had mentioned. I mean for trakhayet sake, those cars that she just mentioned. Some of them sold for close to a million dollars if not more depending on the modifications that Abe had had included in them. And she was happier about a camera and the lenses that cost maybe a couple of thousand dollars. That is just how down to Earth and levelheaded that she is, especially where money is concerned. Which is something else that I imagine comes from having nothing and then having access to everything. (fucks)

"As for the yacht, baba bought it for a song, according to him anyway, from a human business acquaintance and friend of his. The man actually handles the legal side of his businesses that are in the human world. The man had bought the yacht, brand new, two weeks earlier for his daughter's eighteenth birthday. Only for them to find out that she gets terribly seasick out on the open water. The poor girl. They, her and her family and friends, were all going to take a two-week cruise down to Mexico. But after being out on the open water for only two hours, they had to turn around and go straight back to Santa Barbara because she had gotten sooo violently ill. So, it was still pretty much brand new, and baba only had to pay half the original asking price for it. I knew that yachts cost a lot of money, but just didn't realize that they were quite that freaking expensive." (daddy, daddy)

I just nodded. "That sounds like a really good deal for you and for Abe, but not so much for that other man and his daughter though."

She smiled and laughed a little sadly. "Yeah, I feel so bad for her because being out on the open water like that. With the wind blowing through your hair and the sea spray hitting you in the face, it is completely amazing!! And watching the dolphins and whales as they frolic and play alongside and out in front of you is simply breathtaking." I could hear the awe in her voice as she talked about the dolphins and whales.

And then she laughed out loud and happily for a few moments. "And watching the seagulls hitchhike on the backs of the whales as they swam around was so funny. Once, well more than once actually, we even stopped the yacht and swam with the dolphins. And we didn't even have to pay someone to let us do it. We held on to their fins and let them drag us all around the yacht. Watching Lissa do that the first time was just so funny, I wish so badly that her family could have been there to see it in person."