Chapter 41

"Well, all of us but you that is. Because you are just as good or better than the rest of us, most of the time if not all of the time And yes I remember her teaching the both of us all of that as well as her and babushka teaching you how to convince your visions to come to you instead of you having to wait around for them." She laughed. (grandmother)

"Thank you sestra, I really appreciate that. More than you will ever know. And I do try, extremely hard as a matter of a fact." (sister)

"Rose, you don't even have to try you are just smarter than most everyone else not only around you but around the rest of the world. And you are most certainly smarter than most everyone else in the world give you the credit for being. Most of the time you don't even have to use your eidetic memory..."

"Wait, you have an eidetic memory?" Christian asked.

"That is what I have been told, yes." I shrugged.

"That is why you never have to pay attention in any of your classes and yet you are still passing with perfect scores on everything?" Dimitri asked. But I just blushed, smiled shyly, and shrugged again.

"Yeah, pretty much."

"Who all knows about this? Do any of your instructors know about it?"

"No one, outside of our circle knows about it. It is yet another tightly guarded secret among our circle."

"But why would you hide something like that Rose?" Christian asked me his face covered in confusion.

"B..."

"Because the dumber people think you are the more that they will underestimate you and overestimate themselves. And the more that they will reveal, even accidentally, around you." Dimitri answered with a smug smirk on his breathtakingly gorgeous face.

"I was about to say that." Lissa complained.

"Wait, so you knew that she is more or less a genius too?" Chris asked Dimitri.

"Of course, I did, she is Roza moya after all. I have always known that she is far more brilliant than very many people have ever given her the credit for being. But as far as the eidetic memory thing goes, no I did not know about that. I knew that she is exceptionally more intelligent than anyone else knew or ever gave her the credit for being, but I did not ever know that she is actually a certifiable genius." (my)

"I've never taken an IQ test..."

"That does not mean that you are not still a genius detka. It just means that there is no paperwork to prove it to anyone, but those of us who know you don't need the paperwork. We just KNOW."

"He's right Rose."

"Well anyway." The other three laughed at me. Not in a make fun of me kind of way though.

"Anyway, back to our original conversation. Mitya, Aunt Tati wanted you to know that she loves you too."

He looked incredulous.

"Do you want me explain why out loud, thorough our bond, or do you already know?"

"Out loud is fine with me detka. They will know eventually anyway."

"Because you are also her great nephew."

"Wh... what?"

"So, I take it as you didn't know that huh?" Christian teased.

"Uhhh, no, no I didn't know that." Dimitri answered absent mindedly as he looked at me asking without verbalizing if I was serious. So, I just nodded at him letting him know that I was indeed quite serious.