My New Home

We land at a compound, and we unbuckle, and Nat helps me get off the jet. My jaw drops at the sight of the compound. It's so high-tech and futuristic! It's paradise! I think it's bigger than the part of the city in Sokovia that I lived in. "So, Hadley, do you like your new home?" asks Nat. "Yes! This is the coolest place I have ever seen!" I say with a big smile. "Hadley, before we show you your room, we have to take you to the medical department to make sure you're ok," says Nat. "Ok," I say calmly, although inside I am freaking out, medical departments usually mean needles, and I hate and am terrified of needles. Nat holds my hand as we walk to the medical department, and a nurse leads us to a room. Once we are in the room, I sit in between Nat and Clint. The nurse asks me a few questions, and then the doctor comes in and wants to take my bandages off of my left wrist so he can make sure it's ok and I jump and say, "No, thank you." I am nervous about what Nat will think of the brand that Hydra gave me. "Hadley, how about if I take off your bandages?" says Nat. "S-sure," I reply. The doctor and Clint step out of the room. I take a deep breath as Nat starts to unwind the bandages. I am now a ghostly pale as the last layer of bandages is removed. Nat gasps at the sight of my brand. "Hadley, is this why you didn't want the doctor to unwrap the bandages himself?" I nod, and then I start crying. "Awww, Hadley, I am so sorry," says Nat as she hugs me. "Nat, can we t-try not to t-tell people about this? I j-just don't w-want them to be f-freaked out or anything." I say while sobbing. "Hadley, no one will be freaked out. If anything, they will feel bad that you had to go through that." says Nat.

Then I pull the sleeve of my jacket over my brand, and Nat steps out to let the doctor and Clint know they can come back in. After having a few more things checked, the doctor says, "She's free to go once someone signs off as her guardian." "Hadley, we will be right back," says Clint as he pulls Nat outside of the room. They come back in five minutes later, and Nat signs the papers, and I am free!

Nat holds my hand, and we walk to the elevator. Nat pushes level 4, and up we go. The elevator dings, and we step out. "Hadley, welcome to the girl's floor! So far, you and I are the only ones here," says Nat. We walk down the hall. "Hadley, this is your room! I hope you like it! Shield thought it would be a good idea to make it a little bit on the mature side so it wouldn't have to be remodeled as dramatically as you grow up." Nat says, pointing to a door on the right. I walked inside, and I am immediately awestruck! "It's perfect!!! Thank you so much!" I say as I run up to Nat and hug her. I walk around the room, and it truly is perfect for me! All of the colors are exactly what I would have picked! My room even has its own private bathroom and closet! In my mind, I wonder what Wanda and Pietro's rooms would look like if they were here.

After looking at everything in my room, Nat says, "Hadley, my room is directly across from yours so if you have a nightmare or need anything please feel free to come and get me, ok?" "Sounds good!" I reply. Then Nat shows me the rest of the compound.

The rest of the day is spent getting to know my new family. I learn that Nat was a Russian Spy and now a Shield agent and that she also likes to do Ballet. I learn that Clint has the same job as Nat and that he has a wife and two kids, a son named Cooper, who is seven, and a daughter named Lila, who is five like me. Clint also tells me that his family is a secret and that Nat, Nick, and I are the only ones who know that they exist. I show Nat and Clint my powers, and then I decide to show Clint my brand because he will be helping take care of me, and I think he should know. As Nat said, he does feel awful that I went through that. I also tell Nat and Clint about Wanda and Pietro. Then Nat and Clint ask me if I have any nicknames. "Well, Wanda and Pietro call me Hads. But you can call me whatever you want!" I reply. "Cool!" Nat and Clint reply together.

After we finish dinner and dessert, Nat tells me to go upstairs and change into some of my new PJs, so I do. I am in my room, and I am running my hand along the wall next to my bookshelf when a keypad appears, and it tells me to scan my hand, so I do, then the bookshelf swings forward revealing a hidden room! How did this get here? I wonder in my head.

I go inside the room, and the room actually has a window that outlooks the compound grounds with the New York City skyline in the background and a desk and a chair in front of it. Then I walk out of the secret room and back into my room, closing the secret room door behind me.

Then I brush my teeth and sit on my bed pondering how and why the secret room is here in my room of all places. Also, I wonder if anyone knows that it is there. Well, a secret room is better than a fort because no mess to clean up! I wonder what Wanda and Pietro would think of my secret room and, even better, my new life. One thing is for sure. It isn't gonna be the same without Wanda and Pietro. I am in a new country, only living with adults. I sit on my bed and think for a little while.

After a little while, I hear a knock on my room door, pulling me from my thoughts. Nat and Clint walk into my room. I get under my covers, and Nat tucks me in, and Clint says, "Sweet dreams Hads. Love you!" I smile and say, "I love you for Infinity Mom and Uncle Clint!" Nat and Clint smile and kiss me goodnight before turning out the lights. Because of my Telekinesis and Telepathy, I can feel that calling Nat Mom means the world to her. Me calling Nat Mom didn't feel wrong. It actually felt right. I mean, after all, she is going to be taking care of me for who knows how long.