The Hardest Battle

Clint walks Wanda and me to a white van, and we get in. Wanda gets shotgun since she's older. I get in the back seat and fall asleep instantly. Between nightmares, missions, and worrying about the accords, it's been a while since I've had a restful night. I wake up when we get the new person. It's Scott Lang, Ant-Man. His suit is really cool! It makes him able to shrink down to the size of an ant. We drive for hours, and we arrive at our final destination.

We park in an airport parking garage and wait for Steve, Sam, and Bucky to arrive. Steve doesn't know I switched sides. Well, technically, I was never on Tony's side. I just signed the Accords because I will do whatever it takes to keep the Avengers together but, I fully agree with Steve.

We see a car pull up next to us, and we see Steve driving it, so Wanda and Clint get out. I teleport out. "Cap," says Clint. "You know I wouldn't have called if I had any other choice," says Steve shaking Clint's hand. "Hey, man, you're doing me a favor. Besides, I owe a debt," says Clint nodding at Wanda and me. "Thanks for having my back," says Steve. "It was time to get off my ass," says Wanda referencing what Clint said to her earlier. "Hold up. We have a spy here, Cap. Hadley, what are you doing here?" says Sam. "I was never on Tony's side. I only signed the Accords to keep the Avengers together. I completely agree with you guys." I say. "How do we know you aren't lying?" asks Sam. "Because one, I never lie, and two, Wanda can read my mind." I say. "Alright, I trust you," says Sam. "Good to have you on the team Hadley," says Steve. "I'm happy to be here," I say.

"How about our other recruit?" asks Steve. "He's rarin' to go. Had to put a little coffee in him," says Clint opening the door with a slam. The slam when the door opens wakes Scott up. "He should be good," says Clint. "What time zone is this?" asks Scott. Scott spots Steve and shakes his hand, and says, "Captain America!" "Mr. Lang," says Steve while Scott is still shaking his hand. "It's an honor. I'm shaking your hand too long. Wow! This is awesome! Captain America. I know you two too. You're great!" Scott says to Wanda and me.

It's amusing watching Scott fanboy over Steve. Wanda and I are smiling as we watch him. "Ah, look, I wanna say, I know you know a lot of super people, so thinks for thanking of me," says Scott. I giggle at his accidental miss wording. "Hey, man!" Scott says to Sam. "What's up, Tic Tac?" says Sam. "Uh, good to see you. Look, what happened last time when I..." "It was a great audition, but it'll never happen again," says Sam. "They tell you what we're up against?" asks Steve. "Something about some psycho-assassins?" says Scott. "We're outside the law on this one. So if you come with us, you're a wanted man," says Steve. "Yeah, well, what else is new?" says Scott. "We should get moving," says Bucky. "We got a chopper lined up," says Clint.

Then a man speaks German on the PA. I know Russian, Sokovian, English, and a little Latin but very minimal German. I know just enough I get by in a civilized conversation. "They're evacuating the airport," says Bucky. "Stark," I say before Steve could. "Stark?" asks Scott. "Suit up," says Steve. We all take turns changing in the van. Then we make a plan. Steve will go out onto the runway, Scott will shrink and stay on Steve's shield, Bucky and Sam will be surveillance inside the terminal, and Clint, Wanda, and I will stay in the parking garage. We all have comms on.

From the parking garage, I see Steve make his way over to the chopper on the runway. The chopper gets electrically disabled, and we see Stark and Rhodey fly over to Steve. Oh boy, here we go, I think to myself, and Wanda nods. "Wow, it's so weird how you run into people at the airport. Don't you think it's weird?" says Tony, and his Iron Man helmet disappears. "Definitely weird." says Rhodey. "Hear me out, Tony, that doctor, the psychiatrist, he's behind all of this." says Steve. Then a figure jumps down and lands. It's a man in a black cat looking suit. "Captain." says the cat. "Your Highness." says Steve. I realize who is in the cat looking suit, it's T'Challa. "Anyways, Ross gave me 36 hours to bring you in. That was 24 hours ago. Can you help a brother out?" says Tony. "You're after the wrong guy." says Steve. "Your judgment is askew. Your old war buddy killed innocent people yesterday." says Tony. "And there are five more super soldiers just like him. I can't let the doctor find them first, Tony. I can't." says Steve. "Steve, you know what's about to happen. Do you really wanna punch your way out of this one?" says Nat appearing behind Steve. "All right, I've run out of patience. Underoos!" says Tony.