Lagos

It has been a couple of months since I got my new powers. My body has fully recovered, and I have learned to control and use my powers.

Wanda, Nat, Steve, Sam, and I are chilling in the living room when Steve says, "Guys, I have a lead on Rumlow! He's in Lagos, Nigeria. Are you guys in or out?" "I'm in!" I say. "Same!" says Wanda. "I'm coming!" says Nat. "Same here!" says Sam. "Great! Team, we leave tonight. It should only be a one-day mission," says Steve. After a few hours, we are all ready to leave.

We fly in a Quinjet to Lagos. We get there in the morning, and we position ourselves at various places. Steve rents a hotel room with a good view, Sam perches himself on top of a roof, and Nat, Wanda, and I sit at a cafe. Wanda and I sit at the same table, and Nat sits at the table next to us. Wanda orders tea, I get water, and Nat gets coffee. We all have comms on and watch our surroundings.

Wanda stirs and sips her tea, and Steve says, "All right, what do you see?" "Standard beat cops. Small station. Quiet street. It's a good target." says Wanda. "There's an ATM on the south corner, which means?" says Steve. "Cameras," I say. "Both cross streets are one-way," says Steve. "So, compromised escape routes," says Wanda. "Means our guy doesn't care about being seen. He isn't afraid to make a mess on the way out. You see that Range Rover halfway up the block?" says Steve.

"Yeah, the red one? It's cute," says Wanda. "It's also bulletproof, which means private security... which means more guns... which means more headaches for somebody. Probably us," says Nat making me smile. "You guys know I can move things with my mind, right?" says Wanda. "And you guys know I have more powers than all of you combined, right?" I say. "Looking over your shoulder needs to become a second nature," says Nat, and she and Wanda look at each other. I laugh a little.

"Anybody ever tell you you're a little paranoid?" asks Sam. "Not to my face. Why? Did you hear something?" says Nat. "Eyes on target, folks. This is the best lead we've had on Rumlow in six months, and I don't want to lose him," says Steve. "If he sees us coming, that won't be a problem. He kind of hates us," says Sam. "Sam... see that garbage truck? Tag it." says Steve. "That truck's loaded for max weight. And the driver's armed," says Sam. "It's a battering ram," says Nat. "Go now," says Steve. "What?" asks Wanda. "He's not hitting the police," says Steve.

Wanda, Nat, and I leave the cafe, and Wanda and I fly while Nat hops on her motorcycle. As we fly there Steve says "Body armor, AR-15s. I make seven hostiles." I see Sam arrive just before we do and he takes down two and says "I make five." As he says that Wanda and I fly and land. Wanda makes a shield with her telekinesis since a bad guy is shooting at us. I use my powers to take pin his arms to his side and Wanda uses her powers to lift him up. "Sam," she says as Sam flies down and takes down the bad guy. "Four," says Sam. Redwing, Sam's drone scans the building and Sam says "Rumlow's on the third floor." "Wanda, just like we practiced," says Steve. "What about the gas?" asks Wanda. "Get it out," says Steve. "Steve, be careful!" I say as Wanda uses her powers to lift him into the building. Wanda uses her powers to get the gas out of the building while I use mine to make a shield behind her so no one can shoot her. "Rumlow has a biological weapon," says Steve. "I'm on it," says Nat driving in on her motorcycle.

She hops off her motorcycle and slides it into some of Rumlow's crew knocking them over and she keeps fighting. I see Nat sit on the hood of a truck and take down one of Rumlow's crew members. Then Rumlow grabs her by her hair and I try to use my telepathic powers to make him let go but it doesn't work for some reason. At this point, Wanda has finished working with the gas.

Nat fights a little bit before Rumlow throws her headfirst in the truck and drops a grenade into it and closes the top of the truck. "Nat!!!" I scream and I run over to the truck to try to get Nat out. I hear her fighting people inside of it and I use my powers to try to unlock the door but the lock won't break. I know I only have seconds so I teleport into it to try to teleport Nat out. I get in the truck and I grab Nat as the grenade explodes and we fall out of the door of the truck. We cough because of the smoke and Nat says "Hadley! Don't ever do that again even for me! You could have gotten yourself killed!" "I just can't lose you so I tried to save you!" I say. "Ok, but don't do that again." says Nat, and we stand up. "Sam. He's in an AFV heading north." says Steve. I got four, they're splitting up." says Sam.