Vienna

The next day I leave for Vienna to sign the Accords. I hug Wanda goodbye for a lot longer than I normally would because I don't know when we'll be back. Things don't go as planned all the time especially being an Avenger. Nat and Wanda hug and say goodbye, and Wanda walks with us to the Quinjet. As the back door closes, I wave to Wanda, and then we take off, and I watch her as we fly away, and she walks back inside. Tony has decided to put her on lockdown at the compound. At least she has Vision to keep her company.

Before flying to Vienna, we stop in London for moral support for Steve. Sam is there with him right now. Nat and I stand in the back. It's a beautiful service. Steve's speech was really great, but Sharon's was powerful. The thing that she said quoting Peggy that will stick with me forever is "Compromise where you can. But where you can't, don't. Even if everyone is telling you that something wrong is something right. Even if the whole world is telling you to move it is your duty to plant yourself like a tree, look them in the eye and say, "No, you move."

After the funeral, Sam leaves and says "He's not gonna sign." "We know," I say. "Then why are you here?" says Sam. "For moral support," I say. Sam smiles and nods. He hugs me and I wince as a shooting pain travels through my ribs. "Watch the ribs," I say. "Oh, right. Sorry," says Sam. "It's all good," I say and I fist bump him. Sam hugs Nat before we go inside.

Steve is the only one left in the church, and Nat and I walk up to him. He turns around when he hears us coming. "When I came out of the ice, I thought everyone I had known was gone. Then I found out that she was alive. I was just lucky to have her." says Steve. "She had you back, too," says Nat. "Who else signed?" says Steve. "Tony, Rhodey, Vision," says Nat. "Clint?" questions Steve. "Says he's retired," says Nat. "Wanda?" asks Steve. "TBD. Although she says, she's on your side." I say. "Hadley, what did you decide?" asks Steve. "I decided to sign them only to keep the Avengers together, though, I agree with your side way more than I do the Accords side." I say, and Steve nods. "We're off to Vienna for the signing of the Accords. There's plenty of room on the jet. Just because it's the path of least resistance doesn't mean it's the wrong path. Staying together is more important than how we stay together," says Nat. "What are we giving up to do it? I'm sorry, Nat and Hads. I can't sign it." says Steve. "We know," says Nat. "Then what are you doing here?" asks Steve. "I didn't want you to be alone," says Nat. "And there was no way she was coming without me. Moral support is one of the things I do best," I say. Nat gives Steve a hug, and then they stop, and I give him a hug too before we have to go. "Love you, Daddy!" I say. "Love you too, Hads," says Steve. He kisses the top of my head and I giggle. I wave to him as I skip down the aisle to give Nat and Steve a few moments alone. Nat walks out of the church a few minutes later and we walk to the Quinjet.

While we fly to Vienna, I can't stop thinking about how much I miss Wanda. Since we were reunited during the whole Ultron crisis, the only time we have been separated is when I got my new powers. Other than that, I usually go where she goes. I send her a few texts, and she responds immediately to all of them. She must be very bored if she's responding that quickly.

We get to Vienna and get changed into nicer clothes, and get out of the jet. There are news anchors from all different countries here! They interview us and ask us some questions. We are being filmed so I wave to the camera for Wanda who I know is watching at home.

Then we go into the building and go up to one of the top floors. The view is incredible. As we talk to government officials, I stick by Nat's side. "Excuse me, Ms. Romanoff and Miss Maximoff?" says a female UN staffer. "Yes?" asks Nat. "These need your signatures." says the UN staffer. We sign her papers, and she thanks us and walks away. "I suppose neither of us is used to the spotlight." says an African American man who I recognize as Prince T'Challa from Wakanda. "Oh, well, it's not always so flattering," says Nat. "You seem to be doing alright so far. Considering your last trip to Capitol Hill, I wouldn't think you'd be particularly comfortable in this company," says T'Challa. "Well, I'm not," says Nat. "What about you, Miss Maximoff?" asks T'Challa. "I don't like attention drawn to myself, but with a life like mine, it's nearly impossible not to be noticed," I say. "And that alone makes me glad you two are here," says T'Challa. "Why? You don't approve of all this?" asks Nat. "The Accords, yes. The politics, not really. Two people in a room can get more done than a hundred," says T'Challa. "Unless you need to move a piano," says King T'Chaka as he walks up to us. "Ms. Romanoff, Miss Maximoff," says King T'Chaka. "King T'Chaka. Please, allow me to apologize for what happened in Nigeria," says Nat. "I would also like to apologize for what happened on my sister, and I's behalf," I say. "Thank you. Thank you for agreeing to all of this. I'm sad to hear that Captain Rogers will not be joining us today." says King T'Chaka. "Yes, so are we," says Nat. "If everyone could please be seated. This assembly is now in session." says a man on the PA. "That is the future calling. Such a pleasure," says T'Challa.

Then Nat and I take our seats in the front row. While the meeting goes on, my mind is far from the room. It's lost in daydreams about the long list of things I would rather be doing than sitting here. I hear Wanda's voice in my head, and she says in our minds, "I take it the meeting is boring. I have never read your mind when it is this deep in daydreams." "Interesting topic to everyone but a 9-year old," I say in our minds. I start to focus in time to hear King T'Chaka say, "I am grateful to the Avengers for supporting this initiative. Wakanda is proud to extend its hand in peace."

I hear a dog barking really loudly, and T'Challa says, "Everybody get down!" Nat grabs me and the person on her other side and we duck down behind the table as an explosion happens. After a minute or so everyone stands up or helps each other stand up. Some glass from the explosion cut my cheek but other than that I have no injuries. Yay me!

Unfortunately, King T'Chaka is one of twelve people who died in the explosion. We get out of the building and we are escorted to a medical tent for examination. Luckily the cut from the glass isn't deep so I don't need stitches. Nat has no injuries so that's a plus. She's just dirty from the smoke.

I feel so bad for T'Challa right now. I wish there is something I could do but I know there isn't. We spot T'Challa sitting on a bench and Nat and I sit on the bench next door to him. "I'm very sorry," says Nat. "In my culture death is not the end. It's more of a stepping-off point. You reach out with both hands and Bast and Sekhmet, they lead you into the green veldt where you can run forever." says T'Challa. "That sounds very peaceful," says Nat. "My father thought so. I am not my father," says T'Challa. "T'Challa. Task Force will decide who brings in Barnes." says Nat. "Don't bother, Ms. Romanoff. I'll kill him myself." says T'Challa and he gets up and walks away. Then Nat and I's phones ring. Wanda is facetiming me on mine. I take it that she saw the news and wants to make Nat and I are ok. "Mom, it's Wanda. I'll be over here." I say and she nods. I accept the call and Wanda says "Hadley! I saw the news! Are you ok? Is Mom ok? What happened to your cheek?" "Wands, take a deep breath. You're going a mile a minute. Mom and I are ok! A piece of glass cut my cheek from the explosion. But other than that I am perfectly fine." I say. "Ok good! I was so worried about you and Mom!" says Wanda. "Thank you! Did you hear about the suspect?" I ask. "Yes, I did. I am nervous that Dad might do something stupid just because of how much Bucky means to him," says Wanda. "Same here. I can't wait to be home again and see you. It's a stressful environment over here." I say. I flip the camera on my phone so it shows what's in front of the phone and I do a quick twirl so Wanda can see what I see and then I flip the camera so it's facing me.

I see Nat walking over to me. "Hi Hads, Hi Wands!" says Nat. "Hi, Mom! I miss you!" says Wanda. "I miss you too honey! Hopefully, we'll be back soon," says Nat. "Mom, can I teleport and visit Wanda? The environment here is stressing me out a little. Especially since the suspect is Bucky and well, you know Dad, when it comes to Bucky." I say. "Ok. But only for a little while because something might happen and I'll need you back here. Or actually, you could just stay there. I can't think of a reason that you need to be here. I'll keep you updated on what is going on here though." says Nat. "Thanks, Mom!" I say. "You're welcome Hads!" says Nat. "See you in thirty seconds Wands!" I say. "See you in thirty!" she says and we hang up. I give Nat a hug and say "Love you! If you see Dad, say Hi for me!" I say. "Copy that!" says Nat and then I teleport. I arrive in Wanda's room where she was facetiming me. "Hads!" she says. "It's great to be back in a calm place! I'm gonna go shower andchange. I'm a bit over-dressed and dirty for relaxing," I say smiling. "I would say so!" says Wanda laughing looking at me in a dress. There's dirt on my face from the explosion. I teleport to my room and do a quick shower and change into a normal everyday jumpsuit which is my favorite type of clothes. Then I teleport into Wanda's room and we teleport to the living room to watch TV.