The Battle of Wakanda

We leave within the hour and fly on the Quinjet. We are bringing the Hulk Buster suit Tony used on Bruce a few years ago when Wanda and Pietro were on Ultron's side. We fly for hours, and Wanda sits next to Vision holding his hand, and I pace the jet. As we enter Wakanda, I look out the window, and I see the most beautiful landscape ever! "Drop to 2600, heading 0-3-0," Steve tells Sam, who is flying the jet. "I hope your right about this. Or we're gonna land a lot faster than you want to," says Sam. We fly through a barrier and into the real technologically advanced part of Wakanda. I am awestruck at the sight of the city as we fly. I love technology and I appreciate the design of Wakanda.

We land and are met by T'Challa and his guards called the Dora Milaje. We get off the jet, and Steve says, "Seems like I'm always thanking you for something." and he and T'Challa shake hands. The Dora Milaje nod to me, and I smile. Bruce clears his throat and bows, and T'Challa says, "We don't do that here. So how big of an assault should we expect?" "Uh, sir, I think you should expect quite a big assault," says Bruce. "How are we looking?" asks Nat. "You will have my Kingsguard, the Border Tribe, the Dora Milaje, and..." "A semi-stable 100-year old man." finishes Bucky. Steve and Bucky hug and Steve asks, "How've you been, Buck?" "Uh, not bad, for the end of the world," says Bucky smiling.

We go to a special lab in the jungle next to some waterfalls. We meet T'Challa's sister Shuri, and she has Vision lying on a special table, and she scans him with her Kimoyo beads, a special type of Wakandan tech developed by Shuri herself. "Whoa," says Bruce when the beads project Vision's stone. "The structure is polymorphic," says Shuri. "Right, we had to attach each neuron non-sequentially," says Bruce. "Why didn't you just reprogram the synapses to work collectively?" asks Shuri. "Because we didn't think of it," says Bruce. "I'm sure you did your best," says Shuri. "Can you do it?" asks Wanda. "Yes, but there are over two trillion neurons here. One misalignment could cause a cascade of circuit failures. It will take time, brother," says Shuri. "How long?" asks Steve. "As long as you can give me," says Shuri. We hear a trilling, and this time it's not Vision's stone. It's actually Okoye's Kimoyo beads. Her beads project a globe, and she says, "Something's entered the atmosphere." "Hey, Cap, we got a situation here," says Sam on comms. He is waiting outside with Bucky. "We got more incoming outside the dome," says Rhodey. We all look out the window and watch as weird ships land outside of the barrier. "It's too late. We need to destroy the stone now," says Vision sitting up and getting off the table. "Vision, get your ass back on the table," says Nat. "We will hold them off. Wanda, as soon as that stone's out of his head, you blow it to hell," says Steve. "I will," says Wanda. "Hadley, stay here," says Steve. "No! Absolutely not. I want to fight! Besides, you could use someone with my powers on the battlefield," I say passionately. "Steve, she's been fighting for half of her life, and she's made it out of all of them alive. If she wants to fight, I trust her, and I am letting her," says Nat. "Fine. Just be careful," says Steve. "Evacuate the city. Engage all defenses and get this man a shield," says T'Challa pointing to Steve. Before we go, I hug Wanda, and she hugs me even tighter. We stop hugging, and she holds my shoulders, and she says, "Hads, please be careful! This isn't just two aliens. It's hundreds." "Wanda, I am always careful in battle. And clearly, you don't remember the story about me fighting in the battle of New York at age 6. This isn't my first rodeo," I say. Wanda smiles, and I leave to fight.

We ride on open ships, and Bruce is in his Hulk Buster suit. "How are we looking, Bruce?" asks Nat. "Yeah, I think I'm getting the hang of it," says Bruce, then he tries flying and does it successfully. Then he runs and trips over a rock falling flat on his face or, should I say, the suit's face. "I've got two heat signatures breaking through the tree line," says Rhodey. We get to a certain point, and we get off the ship, and it turns around and flies back into the city.

We are in the front row, and I am standing in between Steve and Nat. T'Challa, Nat, Steve, and I walk to the barrier to talk to the aliens. The girl alien from last night and the same type of big alien from the news. The girl alien who I have learned is named Proxima Midnight tries to use her weapon to weaken the barrier but no such luck. We get to the barrier, and Nat asks, "Where's your other friend?" "You will pay for his life with yours. Thanos will have that stone," says Proxima Midnight. "That's not gonna happen," says Steve. "You are in Wakanda now. Thanos will have nothing but dust and blood," says T'Challa, and I stick my tongue out at Proxima Midnight. "We have blood to spare." says Proxima Midnight and raises her arm that is holding her weapon. Her ship doors open, and we watch for a minute and walk back to our troops.