The Truth About Shield

We get out of the car and Steve says "This is it." "The file came from these coordinates," says Nat. "So did I." said Steve as he looks at a sign that says:

CAMP LEHIGH U.S. ARMY RESTRICTED AREA

with a lot of writing underneath. Nat uses a special feature on her Shield phone to scan for the source. Then after looking around for a few minutes the sky gets dark as night falls. "This camp is where I was trained." "Change much?" asks Nat. "A little." says Steve as he looks at a flag pole. I am assuming something happened at that flag pole during Steve's time here.

"This is a dead end. Zero heat signatures, zero waves, not even radio. Whoever wrote the file must have used a router to throw people off." says Nat.

Steve looks around stares at a building with a weird look on his face. "What is it?" says Nat. Then Steve says "Army regulations forbid storing munitions within 500 yards of the barracks. This building is in the wrong place." "Now we're talking!" I say as Steve uses his shield to open the door and we walk in and down a flight of stairs. I find it a bit spooky.

Once we are downstairs Nat turns the lights on reveling an office looking space with the Shield logo on the back wall.

"This is Shield." says Nat. "Maybe where it started." adds Steve. Steve opens a door and Nat and I follow him through it into a room with lots of empty shelves.

On the wall in front of us we see a bunch of pictures of who I am assuming are the founders of Shield. "And there's Stark's father." "Howard." says Steve. "Who's the girl?" Nat asks. Steve looks at her picture for a moment before turning away. I am guessing he knew her.

We walk farther left and Steve stops in front of a certain area of the shelves he looks around. "If you're already working in a secret office, why do you need to hide the elevator?" says Steve as he pulls the two shelves apart revealing an elevator.

Nat scans the pin pad with her Shield phone which tells her the code, she enters it and we get in the elevator and descend down to a very deep basement level. As we go down, I get chills down my spine as though something bad is about to happen.

The elevator stops and we see a dark room. As though she sensed my nervous energy, Nat grabs my hand and holds it as we walk out of the elevator. While we walk forward, the elevator doors shut with a clang. We walk farther and the lights finally turn on, making me feel a little better once I see that the only thing down here is very old technology from Steve's era.

I let go of Nat's hand and she says "This can't be the data point. This technology is ancient." as she looks around.

Then Nat spots a piece of tech that we might be able to put the flash drive in. Nat looks at the flash drive before inserting it, it makes a ding once it's inserted and all of the technology around us starts whirring to life. We look around watching as everything starts to work.

Then I notice a camera attached to the computer in front of us move as an electronic voice says "Initiate System?" the curser blinks below it waiting for someone to type the answer. Nat says "Y-E-S, yes." as she types yes in.

The tech makes some whirring noises and Nat says "Shall we play a game." It's a reference from what I call an adult movie, so I don't understand the reference.

"It's from a movie that was really-" "I know I saw it." says Steve to my surprise. He hasn't seen a lot of movies from today's times yet.

Then scaring the life out of me, a face appears on the computer screen in front of us and the camera attached to the computer turns towards Steve.

A somewhat electronic voice says "Rogers, Steven, born 1918. Romanoff, Natalia Alianovna, born 1984. Maximoff, Hadley, born 2007." I jump when I hear my name.