You Look Happier

(Listen to Happier by Ed Sheeran cover, video above)

I'm inside my studio/bedroom for the past 6 hours, tinkering with my piano, guitar, my pen and notebook, trying to come up with lyrics for a new song. So far, all I get is some rubbish. I looked at the trash bin beside my desk and saw it's already overflowing with crumpled papers from all the gibberish that I did.

Sighing, I put my pen down and leaned back to my chair. I looked at the ceiling of my studio and suddenly a memory of someone flashed into my mind. Someone who used to be mine. Someone who used to love me. Hailee Steinfeld.

Memories of me and her came rushing in as I remembered everything we used to do. The cuddles, movie nights, simple yet memorable dates. I suddenly remembered the good and bad days we faced together... Including the biggest bad day that we failed to survive. The day we broke up after being together for the past 6 years.

A 6 year-relationship went down the drain just like that. I tried to fight for it but she didn't fought with me. She just... Gave up. I let out another sigh and closed my eyes for a bit. The very moment I opened my eyes, I saw every single polaroid photos plastered on my wall. I remember Hailee designing my wall with our photos. We would take photos together everyday and have it printed right away, after that she would put it on my wall. I got up from my chair and walked towards it. I smiled bitterly as I looked at how happy we both looked in these photos.

Feeling the tears threatening to fall from my eyes, I snapped out of those memories and decided to take a walk. I locked my house and went off after putting on my mask.

I put my cap and mask on so that people won't easily recognized me. The news about our breakup spread like wild-fire. Everyone in the whole world knows about it right away.

Some were disappointed, some were mad, and obviously some were happy, especially those people who were against the idea of me and Hailee being in a relationship.

I was too cooped up in my own thoughts that I didn't noticed I was already nearing the park. I roamed my eyes around the park and I felt my heart break as soon as my sight landed on a heartbreaking scenery not so far away from me.

It's Hailee... But she's with someone else. They were hugging underneath the tree while Haiz's dog, Martini was running around and playing with other dogs. I felt the strongest pain in my heart seeing the smile that she used to give me when we were still together. The adorable laughs that she lets out everytime she sees something or talks about something funny with me. I noticed Hailee about to turn her head to where I am so I started to walk away as fast as I can just to avoid her from seeing me.

I can feel the tears running down my face but I didn't care. I just wanted to get away from that place as soon as I can. She's moved on with someone new. It may sound selfish but I don't want her to be with someone else. I don't even know how our breakup started.

I don't know where my feet is taking me, I just let it take me wherever it felt like stopping and to my fucked up luck, it just have to stop in front of Hailee's favorite coffee shop. I wanted to stop my feet from dragging me inside the shop but the feeling like my feet have its own mind contradicts my will to walk away from that shop. I sighed and just walked to our usual spot and took a seat, watching as other vehicles pass by.

"Hi, may I take your order? Wait... Y/N?" I heard a familiar voice causing me to shot my head up a bit, seeing it's a friend of ours, Pam.

"Oh hey, Pam. How are you?" I asked.

"Oh, I'm doing good. My husband is really good at taking care of me. Even got hesitant to let me work after we found out we're gonna be parents. How about you? I didn't see you during my wedding day. I was really expecting you to be there. The only person who showed up was Hai— right... I forgot. You two broke up before the wedding. Sorry for bringing that up. Anyways, do you wanna order your usual or wanna try another combination?"