Stay With Me (TTM cont)

Hailee and I went to my house to pick up Grace. Well supposedly that's the plan. But I had other plans when we got home.

"Oh hi! You guys are back. How'd it go?" My mom asked after giving us both a hug. Grace running straight towards Hailee and hugged her mommy and went to me to give me a hug too.

"Well... It went pretty great. A trial will happen in a week so hopefully that will be the last time Hailee will see that bastard."

"Language, sweetie." Mom said as she points to Grace.

"Oopsie. My bad." I chuckled as I pat Grace's head making Grace giggle.

"Anyway, Hailee sweetie, I actually have a suggestion. Well, mostly it's Y/N's idea." My mom looked at me.

"Well... We were talking about this yesterday and my mom and I came to an agreement that you guys should just... Y'know... Stay with me. Like, live with me. You and Gracie." I looked at Hailee with hopeful eyes. She took a deep breath before speaking up.

"Y/N, I... I would love to." She smiled warmly, and so did I.

"Well that settles it then." We hugged but had to pull away when Jane faked a cough and smirked at us when we looked at her.

"What are you smirking at?" I grabbed a nearby pillow and threw it straight to her face.

"Why you--" Jane just groaned when Grace ended up laughing hard at her.

Evening came and we decided to head back to my own house. We bid mom goodbye and got to my car. We dropped Jane off at her apartment which is just 2 blocks away from my mom's house.

"Thanks for the ride, Y/N. See you tomorrow at school. See you, Gracie. See you around, Hailee." Jane said as she got out the car. I waited for her to get inside before finally driving off to my house.

"You and Jane seemed pretty close. Are you guys a thing or something?" I almost choked on my own saliva.

"What makes you say that? First of all Jane is a distant cousin but we're the closest amongst the family, so no. Secondly, maybe if we're not relatives, I still won't date her. She's amazing and all but she's just not my type."

"What's your type then?" Hailee snickered.

"I want someone who's... I don't know... Different? Unique? Just amazing in her own way. A selfless one if I'm gonna be specific." I glanced at Hailee who's already looking at me.

The rest of the drive became quiet. Just the slow volume of the music playing from my car radio can be heard. I stole glances at Hailee who's looking out the window.

It made me realize how beautiful--- no... How GORGEOUS she is. Every detail I see in her is just so perfect. I snapped back to my focus in driving when she moved and was about to look my way.

A couple of minutes passed and we finally arrived home. I looked back to tell Grace we're here only for us yo realize that she's already fast asleep.

"I'll carry her. Mind unlocking the front door?" I handed Hailee the house keys as we get out of the car.

"Yeah, sure." I smiled and went to Grace's side of the car and carried her. The kid snuggled up to me with her little arms making their way around my neck, letting out cute snores.

"Sorry you had to carry Grace." Hailee apologetically looked at me which I only responded with a chuckle.

"It's not a big deal." I lead her to my room and gave her a change of clothes from my walk-in closet. "Here. Use my clothes for now. I'll have someone get your stuffs from your apartment first thing tomorrow morning." She thanked me and went to the bathroom. I sat at the edge of the bed and called one of my buddies to ask him if he can get their stuffs tomorrow.