It's The Little Things That Matter

I've been having the most shittiest week of my work life ever. My weekly proposals were always rejected, saying the other one was much better than mine.

This never happened to me and I knew I'm being sabotaged by Andrew, my biggest rival in the company. We were both under observation of who will be the new senior manager of the largest stock market in the city that's why we both have to impress our clients to close sales in our own individual ways. The most sales to be closed will be the one who will be the new senior manager.

That's why when Andrew was finally appointed as the new senior manager, I was pretty devastated to say the least. The little bitch started making my life miserable, like he always wanted now that he's my boss.

I swear I'm done with this shit already.

My shift ended already and when I checked my watch it was only 8pm and just in time for Thomas and Hannah to come out of the building while I was on the side, smoking. I don't usually smoke cause Hailee hates it and I'm no smoker to be real. I just smoke when I'm under too much stress and it's been going on for a week now.

"Hey, Y/n." The two greeted me.

"Hey." I simply say as I take a drag on my cigarette.

"Hannah and I are heading to the bar to get a couple of drinks. Wanna come with us?" Thomas said.

"Who's gonna be with us?" I asked as I take another drag.

"Ryan, Andy, Neil, Angel, Christine, Jane, Carl, Ian and Lorlie. It's Saturday tomorrow so let's go get some drinks. And besides, you looked like you need it. Andrew has been overworking you nonstop." Hannah say as she looked at me with sadness.

"Yeah, ever since he became senior manager, he became a bigger asshole than before and he kept making your life a living hell. Everyone knows he sabotaged your presentation and YOU deserved that promotion more than him or anyone else." Thomas rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, well... I guess that's what you get if you're boss is a bitch." I chuckled.

"So, are you coming?" Thomas asked me hopefully.

"Yeah, sure. I badly need it anyway." I said making the two crack a smile. We waited a couple more minutes and then the rest of the gang came out of the building.

Half of the group rode with me while the other half rode with Thomas and we drove down to the nearest bar.

-------

The next week became even more stressful and I'm at the verge of kicking Andrew's ass right now.

I was called on his office cause he wants to talk to me.

"What was that about Y/l/n?! What the hell happened during the presentation?" He yelled at me.

"I told you, if you only let me do all the talking, that presentation would've been a success, Andrew! You kept interrupting me!" I yelled back.

"If I didn't do that, we could've already lost our biggest client! Do you even think before you act? This is why you were never chosen as senior manager!" He smirked at his last statement and I snapped.

"Bullshit! You know damn well that you only got this position because you fucking sabotaged me! You changed a lot of things in my presentation that's why it worked more on your favor thus getting you this position that you don't even deserve! Everyone in this damn office knows you cheated your way to the top." I slammed my fists on the table as I blurted out, taking him aback.

"I'd watch my tone if I were you, Y/n. I can fire you right here, right now and make sure your life will be an absolute hell." He smirked causing me to let out a sarcastic laugh.