Safe Place

I sighed happily as I sat down my couch. I felt so satisfied after closing a job successfully after months of trying to close it.

I put my coffee down on my table and some snacks to dig in after pressing play on the remote to watch my favorite movie. I decided to chill out for a little bit before sleeping to head out for a new task given to me.

Halfway through the movie, a slightly loud knock echoes throughout my entire house. I looked at the wall clock right above my TV to check the time and it's almost 11 in the evening.

I wonder who would come knocking at my door at this time of the night. At a very heavy rain nonetheless.

The knock didn't stop so I paused the movie and head to the door as fast as I can. And as soon as I opened the door, I was greeted by girl, probably my age based on my gut feeling. She's drenched as hell from the heavy pouring rain. I looked around a bit and noticed someone standing near my pathway looking at the girl in front of me. A familiar look if I'm gonna be honest. I was brought back to reality when the girl spoke up.

"P-Please, I need your help. That man has bee—" yep. I was right. So I smiled warmly and made sure the man heard my voice.

"Hey there, baby! You should've told me you were coming! I could've picked you up! God, I missed you!" I gently wrapped my right arm around her waist and kissed her cheek after whispering a quick sorry. I pulled away from her and gently took her hand to drag her in.

I looked back at the man and he started to walk away, seemingly pissed off with what he just witnessed.

I looked at the girl who still looked terrified.

"He was following you the whole time, wasn't he?" I asked and it caught her attention.

"H-How did you know?" She asked cautiously as if she thinks I'm an accomplice of the man and just lured her into a trap.

"I know those looks. I've always been familiar with men who gives girls those kind of dangerous looks. Don't worry, I'm not gonna hurt you and I don't know who the fuck that bastard is. You're safe." I smiled at her and I saw her shoulders slump down as she let out a sigh of relief.

"Thank you." She said as she smiled and my oh my, that's the most beautiful smile I have ever seen.

"I'm Y/n, by the way. Y/n L/n. And you're Hailee Steinfeld." I reached out my hand to her with a smile. I chuckled when I saw her confused look.

"You know who I am?" She asked as if she's not famous as she gently shook hands with me.

"In case you forgot, you're a global popstar and actress which makes you hella famous. Of course I would know you." I chuckled even more when realization hits her.

"Right. Sorry. I'm just in a state of shock." I saw her blush in embarrassment making me smile.

"No worries. Anyway, you should go take a shower and change into a much more comfortable and dry clothes. You're drenched as hell from the rain. You can use the shower in my room and I'll prepare some clothes for you." I smiled as I took her to my bedroom upstairs.

"Sorry for suddenly knocking on your door this late." Guilt was obvious in her voice and I just smiled.

"You have nothing to be sorry about. You knocked at the right door if I'm gonna be precise." I looked back at her, keeping my smile as I handed her a towel. She thanked me before she went into my bathroom while I grabbed some shirt and a pair of shorts and undergarments for her to change in to once she's done.

I knocked gently at the bathroom door to let her know of my presence. "I'll be downstairs if you need anything." I heard her say okay before I walked out of the room and went back downstairs to the kitchen to prepare her a cup of hot chocolate with some tiny marshmallows in it and a couple pieces of cookies for her to eat when she gets down in case she's hungry.