Losing Me Is Better Than Losing You

[Listen to Losing You by Wonho while reading this.]

Hailee

I bust through the doors of the hospital with ny brother behind as soon as I got the call and saw the news that Y/N, my ex-girlfriend got into an accident.

"Y/F/N!!" I called out as soon as I spotted her bestfriend who's crying outside the operating room.

"H-Hailee... It's all your fault!! Y/N wouldn't have thought of that if you didn't broke up with her!" Y/F/N yelled as she tried to reach up to me to hurt me but Y/N's parents were there to stop her.

"Y/F/N, stop. Don't blame Hailee." Y/N's mom said as she tried to calm her down.

"If Y/N doesn't survive... I'll never forgive you." Y/F/N yanked her arm away from Y/N's mom and walked away.

"Hailee, sweetie... I'm sorry about that." Y/N's mom walked up to me and hugged me. I gave in and hugged her back tight. She almost has the same warmth as Y/N. Wait... Y/N.

"H-how's Y/N?" I asked while being so nervous.

"She's still inside the OR. And the doctors are still working on saving her life." Her mom sat down on one of the chairs outside the operating room and I sat beside her, comforting her.

"I don't wanna lose my daughter. She's the only one I have left after her father died." She said between tears. I witnessed how devastated they were when he died. Y/N went on hiatus for 3 years because of her dad's death. And I was the one who was there to help her through it.

"Y/N is a fighter. I know she'll survive this." I held her mom's hand as tight as I can.

"Thank you, honey. You still cared for her eventhough you two already broke up 6 months ago." Her mom smiled with tears.

"She's still an important part of my life." I smiled.

2 hours later.

I woke up to the sound of the doors of the OR opening revealing a doctor coming out on his bloody scrubs.

"Are you Y/N's family?" We both stood up right away.

"Yes!" We said.

"Hi, my name is Doctor Benedict Strange and I was the one who lead her operation. Now... Back to Y/N... Her situation was life threatening to be honest. She acquired broken ribs, broken left arm and leg, dislocated left shoulder... Basically the left side of her body was the most damaged part as the impact on the accident was on her left side. Although we managed to save her from death being able to take her away... The injuries were too severe that it lead her into coma."

"H-how long is she gonna be in that state?" Her mom asked when she noticed I wasn't saying anything after what I heard.

"Weeks or even months. I honestly can't predict how long. Sometimes, other patients who was in that same state, it took them a year or so for them to wake up from the coma. Some of them... Never did." Doctor Strange sighed sadly.

"C-can we see her?" I said.

"Yes of course. Follow me this way." He lead us down the hallway towards Y/N's room.

I peaked over the small glass window of her room and her current state broke me. Y/N's left side is wrapped up in bandages and it made her look like a damn mummy if you look at her on this angle..

"You can go inside if you wanna see her closer that bad, Ms. Steinfeld." I turned to Doctor Strange's voice as he looked at me with a sad smile. "I wish there was another way that she didn't have to end up on a coma."