At My Worst (At My Best pt 3)

Hailee has been ignoring me after our little date night a couple of weeks ago and as much as I wanna confront her about it, I stayed quiet and just gave her the same treatment.

Two can play at this game, Steinfeld. I thought to myself once again as I tinker around with my laptop while trying to figure out what more touches needs to be done with Colson's collab with Hailee. Although the song is 90% done, it's still incomplete.

"Is there anything I can get you, Ms. Baker?" My personal assistant, Rebekah asked.

"I'll just have my usual coffee. And no sugar this time love, please. Thanks." I looked up to her a bit with a small smile and she nodded as she wrote it down her mini notepad.

She went around to the rest of the team in the other room and asked the others if they want something to eat or drink.

"I'll just have the same thing Y/N asked. But with sugar please, Beks. I don't wanna pull an all nighter like her." Cole whispered the last part making Rebekah let out a chuckle while I just looked at my brother with a small smirk.

"Of course, Mr. Baker. How about you, Ms. Steinfeld? Is there anything I can get you?" I can basically feel my ears perk up a bit as soon as I heard Hailee's voice.

"Oh, I'll just have a hot choco please." She said as Rebekah made sure she heard our orders right before leaving the room.

An awfully deafening silence engulfed the room the moment the door shut close that you can heard crickets ringing around.

"So... Any changes we need to do, sis?" Cole asked in hope to lighten up the slight tension.

"Why would you ask me? I'm just here to produce your song and help tinker around the flow. You should ask your collaboration partner." I plainly said, not bothering to take my sight away from my laptop screen.

I can feel Hailee's eyes on me while I said those but I never bothered to look at her even a little bit.

I felt the couch I'm in sink a little bit and I casted a side glance and saw Colson moving close beside me.

"Seriously... How long are you two gonna ignore each other? What the hell happened after that date night? You said you'd tell me the next day but you never did."

"Date night? What date night are you talking about?" I shrugged a bit while I pressed some random buttons on my laptop.

"Don't fuck with me, sis. You know damn well what I'm talking about." He said seriously.

"Oh that date night. The date night where everything changed. It was nothing special. What would be so worth talking about that?" I said without any emotions.

"Nothing special? Don't "nothing special" me you little shit. You were so hell bent on making that night a very special night for the both of you, especially for Hailee. You went home looking so happy, went to sleep with a big ass smile on your face and the next day, you acted like that night never happened." He ranted.

"It's what she wants. What Hailee wants is what Hailee gets." I tried to suppress a scoff but failed causing Cole to only sigh and at the same time, Rebekah came back with our orders. She gave us our orders and was about to sit down when Cole suddenly stood up.

"I will need to talk some things with the uh- other team on the other room. Rebekah, mind assisting me love?" I caught him giving a small glance towards me and Hailee and Rebekah nodded.

"R-Right." Rebekah stuttered as she followed Colson out of the room after Cole went to Hailee and whispered something. I swear to god with that guy.