If I Would've Known

(short update)

I sighed for what seemed like the nth time as I walk around mindlessly to nowhere. The evening city lights of Los Angeles blinding my eyes a little bit as the sky starts to go darker by each passing second.

My mind has been so blank these past few months ever since she left. She never said anything about her leaving. She just... Left. Just like that. Without leaving any explanation, any letter, or any sign that she would leave me.

We were just sleeping so peacefully on our shared bed on the dream house we bought, and the next morning she just decided to leave while I was still sleeping. Having me wake up on an empty and her cold side of the bed. I tried calling her, it goes straight to voicemail. I tried calling her friends, her family but none of them either doesn't know where she is or doesn't want me to know.

It's summertime here but for me it feels like winter. Ever since the day she left, it just felt so... Cold. So empty. I wasn't use to this feeling even if it's been months since she left.

The whole world knew right away about our sudden break-up and some were devastated... And obviously some were so happy especially the haters who were against our relationship from the start.

I walked past the park where we actually first met by accident thanks to her dog getting loose from her grip. I chuckled bitterly as memories of us in this park flashed back to my mind. I even passed by the swing where we had our confessions with each other. The same swing where I asked her to be my girlfriend 7 years ago. I shook my head to get out of those thoughts and kept walking. My attention was caught when I heard my phone ding from my pocket.

I reached to grab my phone to see who it was and to my surprise it's my bestfriend who lives in New York.

From: dumbass bestfriend 😏

Hey, Y/N!! I just arrived in LA. Wanna meet on your fave coffee shop?

I smiled at the text as I happily replied.

To: dumbass bestfriend 😏

Yeah, sure! I'd love that! I'm actually on my way there, so I'll be waiting then. See you dumbass. 😂

When I got there, I sat at our usual place which is close by the window. I let her know that I'm already here and is waiting for her. A few more minutes have passed and I saw her walking into the shop and immediately spotted me. She happily waved at me as I stood up and greet her with a hug.

"Oh my god, I missed you Y/N!" She said as we hugged each other tightly.

"I missed you too! I can't believe you're back in LA." We pulled away from the hug as we both sat down.

We talked about random things until a waiter came to take our orders. A few minutes passed and he came back with our usual orders. A cup of freshly brewed coffee and a slice blueberry cheesecake.

"So... How long are you staying?" I asked as soon as the waiter left our table.

"I'll be having a meeting with one of my clients in 2 days' time and if everything works out, hopefully I'll be staying here in LA for a long time." She said as she took a slice of her cheesecake and feed it to herself.

"That's amazing. I wish you the best. Really." I smiled as I took a sip from my coffee.

"How about you? How's everything going after..." She trailed off.

"After Hailee left without saying anything? It's a shit hole. I'm not gonna lie." I finished and answered her question. Yes, the girl who left me is Hailee. Like THE superstar, Hailee Steinfeld.