Welcome Home

I woke up with a big ass headache. I tried to recall what happened last night and I remembered going out with some close friends for a drink since someone very special in my life came to visit me here in New York. I remembered getting carried away with the drinks and everything so now I'm suffering from a damn hangover. I rolled to the other side of the bed hoping my 6 year long girlfriend Hailee will be there. But to no avail, she's not on her side of the bed. She probably got up early.

I grabbed my phone from my nightstand to check the clock and it's already 8am. I stayed in bed for a few more minutes before finally getting up. Luckily it's a Saturday and I remember Hailee telling me that she will be staying home for a week, she decided to take a small break from her busy schedules. I smiled to myself as I washed my face before heading downstairs, exciting plans I have set for today and until her break is over.

I'm humming to one of her new unreleased songs when I saw her in the kitchen with her back facing me. I slowly went behind her and snaked my arms around her to give her a back hug. I buried my face into her neck taking in her sweet perfume that I love so damn much.

"Hey baby. I'm so sorry for coming home very late last night. Wasn't expecting to have too much to drink." I sighed in satisfaction of having her in my arms. She didn't say anything but just looked out the window.

"You okay?" I asked, running my hand on her shoulder.

"Yeah. It's just that... I know you just woke up but I have decided." Her voice was groggy, as if she just came from crying.

"Decided? Decided on what? And why do you sound li—" she cut me off with 3 painful words.

"Let's break up."

"W...what? Why?" To say that I am confused is an understatement. I don't even know what to feel right now. Mad? Hurt? Sad? I don't know. I just don't fucking know.

"You yourself should know the answer to that, Y/N." She removed my arms and finally faced me. I saw her red puffy eyes, tear stains visible on her face. She really was crying. And just a few moments ago I might add.

"What the hell are you talking about, Hailee?"

"You're a goddamn cheater! Don't even deny it! Someone sent me photos of you last night with your friends and the girl you're cheating on me with!!"

"Me? Cheating on you? I would never!"

"Then who the hell is this?!" She showed me a photo of me with my arms around a girl. I was taken aback.

"Hailee, that's—"

"Your mistress, right? Oh, I should've known! I trusted you but you fucking betrayed me! It's over, Y/N! I'm done." Hailee shoved me aside and just went upstairs. I can hear her putting all her clothes into a suitcase. No. No. I can't let this end this way. I ran upstairs towards our room, only to see her zipping up her luggage.

"Hailee, just please let me explain!" I tried to stop her but she just screamed at me.

"DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH ME!!" I froze midway in trying to grab her.

"All those years, Y/N. All those fucking years I did nothing but trust you completely. I trusted your promise when you said you'll never betray me, that you'll never do anything that would ruin my trust and faith in you! But look what you did! You just did those things you promised you would never do! I hate you. I don't wanna see your face ever again." She slammed the door behind me and just continued getting out of the house.

I couldn't do anything but just stand there. In the middle of our room. I never even realized I was already crying until I felt the tears continuously running down my cheeks. I want to chase her but my legs won't move.