Let Go

It's been 3 weeks since I last saw Hailee after that song I made blew up the social media.

Flashback

I got a lot of positive feedback with the song I made. Even got a lot of calls from different tv shows like Jimmy Fallon, asking me if I could come and be a guest on his show and I told him I'd think about it. After accepting an offer from one of the biggest music company when my music went viral, I've been getting a lot of calls already.

I grabbed my fave hoodie and got out of my house to go for a walk. I stopped in front of our fave spot and saw that no one is around. I made my way to the swings and sat on my fave side of the swing everytime Hailee and I come here. I was swaying a little bit when I spotted a familiar figure from a distance.

It's Hailee.

I slowly kept my head down, purposely making my hoodie cover my face. I can sense her stopping near me before she cleared her throat and spoke up.

"I hope you don't mind if I sit here?" She asked. I took a short glance before giving a nod. She then sat down and now we're both engulfed in silence.

The silence was quite defeaning so I decided to break it. I took a deep and quiet sigh before speaking. "I'm guessing you already heard the full song?"

"Y...Y/n?? Is that you?" She cautiously asked. I finally took off my hoodie and slowly turned my attention to her.

"Hi, Hailee." I let out a small smile, trying to cover up the pain that I'm still feeling. It's only been months since we broke up but it already felt like I haven't seen her for so many years.

"I... W-what are you doing here?" She stuttered a bit.

"Went for a walk and decided to stop by here." I said. She looked down on the ground.

"Heard your song. It's all over the internet. Also heard that you're starting your singing career already. Didn't really believed it at first but when I found out that the original source of that song was you, I did believe it now." She kept her gaze on the ground. I stayed quiet not really knowing what to say.

When she left me, my mind was going crazy with so many questions that I wanna ask her. But now that she's here, I can't even speak properly.

"It's nice to see you again, Haiz but... I... I gotta go." I stood up and started to walk away.

"Y/n, wait! Don't go." I felt her slowly grabbing my arm, trying to make me turn to her. "Please don't leave." Her voice was shaking.

I turned to her. "I'm sorry but I really need to go." I slowly remove her hand on my arm but she just kept her hold on my arm. It was tight but at the same time, it was gentle.

"I don't want you to go." By this time, her tears were starting to fall.

"Have you ever thought about that when you decided to leave me just like that? When you made me wake up one morning without you by my side?" I gently asked catching her off guard.

I wanna scream it out to her, I wanna yell at her but I know deep inside that I can never do that to her no matter how much I want to.

"I never want to. But I thought it was for the best." She said between her sobs. It hurts me seeing her cry like this.

"Then that's what I'm doing right now. It's time to let you go and for me to move forward with my life, Haiz. To a life without you in it. It's also for the best. It's hard to say goodbye like this but I hope you can promise me that you won't forget... That one day, a person named Y/N loved you completely." I feel my tears threatening to fall but I successfully managed to remove her hand on my arm as I quickly turned away before finally letting my tears fall.