Chapter 19 women

Lisa did not reply. Unexpectedly, Jungkook sent another message.

Jungkook: [Seeing how much you love me, once 'Death Message' hits the market, I will leave a signed book for you :>]

Lisa: [Bai bai.]

Lisa got up and hurriedly washed her face. Although it wasn't as extreme as Jungkook put it, but writing those 600 plus words did take up some time.
Lisa rushed as fast as lightning all the way to her office. Luckily, she punched her card before 9 a.m.
In the afternoon, just before getting off work, Lisa sent Xing Xin a message: [Teacher, I'm getting off work an hour early to look for you. Remember to wait for me in the house. (✿^‿^)]
Jungkook, "..."
Xing Xin: [I think you can't win in a fight against me :D]
Lisa, "..."
So he is intending to hit back, right?
Lisa shut off the computer, as she bought some food along the way to Jungkook's house.
Jungkook looked at the meal boxes arranged on his dining table with an expression full of dislike, "I clearly handed over half the manuscript, why is your treatment getting worse?"
Lisa said with a smile, "It's precisely because you only handed in half a manuscript."
Jungkook, "..."
Jungkook gloomily went to the kitchen to get 2 bowls and 2 pairs of chopsticks and sat down to eat. Lisa sat across from him, and took a piece of meat for herself, "You haven't said whether my analysis is right or wrong."
"Let's say that you're half right." Jungkook answered absent-mindedly.
Lisa clicked her tongue once, "If it's right, then it's right. If it's wrong, then it's wrong. What do you mean by half right?"
Jungkook raised his eyes to look at her, and asked, "Then why do you think the murderer wants to leave that mark next to the corpse?"
Lisa said, "Of course it's to accuse someone else!"
"If they want to accuse someone else, a clearer clue should be given. It's hard to direct the accusation by just writing one stroke."
"...What's the meaning of the mark then, if it's not to accuse someone else?" It definitely can't be for the murderer to commemorate the event, just like a travel souvenir.
Jungkook said, "The meaning of the mark is not important, because the murderer wrote it randomly."
Lisa, "..."
So that person has nothing better to do?
Lisa ate 2 mouthful of rice, and suddenly lifted her eyes and looked at Jungkook, "I know! Does he want to fake that place to be the first crime scene? The victim was actually murdered in another place!" Lisa felt like seeing the light, "This novel is misleading right from the title. There is no death message!"
"Of course there is," Jungkook said while looking at her, "Whatever the victim wants to say, remains on his corpse."
Lisa held her bowl and was quiet for some time, then she suddenly said, "Let's not talk about corpses while we're eating."
Jungkook laughed, "You are eating a corpse, I don't see you having a problem."
Lisa, "..."
Is a human corpse the same as the corpse of chickens, ducks and fishes? It seems like she can't eat anymore.
After sighing twice slowly, Lisa asked to relieve boredom, "So who is the murderer?"
"Guess."
"...I'm guessing it's Liao Si Si."
Jungkook lifted his eyes to look at her, "Why?"
"Because murderers in your novels are mostly women!" Lisa said earnestly, "I have always felt that you have prejudice against women."
Jungkook was silent for a while, seeming to reflect on something. A short time later, he put down the bowl in his hand, and used a rare earnest expression to look at Lisa, "It's not that I have prejudice against women, but I feel that most women will be calmer and more clear-headed when met with sudden situations. This quality makes them more suited to commit a crime."
Lisa chuckled, "And you still say you don't have prejudice against women. Does being calm and clear-headed means you have to commit a crime?"
"I'm just talking about the characters. I believe the odds of women committing a crime perfectly is higher than men."
"Do you have a scientific basis for that?"
Jungkook paused, and then opened his mouth to say, "When I was young, my mother has great affections with my father. She was also very gentle to me, I always felt that she was the world's best mom and wife. But when I was in grade four, she suddenly disappeared. The clothes hanged in the cupboard were gone, there was not one bottle or jar left on the make-up table. The only thing left was the divorce papers on top of the table. Just the day before she left, she behaved like she always had, making dinner, waiting for me to come home, helped me checked my homework, and talked and laughed with my father. Before she disappeared, there was no warning sign at all. I still don't know what state of mind she used to spend that one last day with us."
After Lisa listened to him, she was stupefied without warning. She did not expect Jungkook to share something so private with her.
Even during interviews, Jungkook would rarely talk about his family situation. There is even less people who know about his parents' divorce when he was young.
Lisa heard people saying that boys are easily affected by their mother when they are young. So, are his strong feelings about women committing crimes because he is clouded against women?
After being silent for a while, Lisa still didn't know what to say. She could not comment on his past that he described. And he would care even less for her consolation, so... She just shared her own experience.
"Don't talk as if men don't do the same thing," Lisa too put down her chopsticks and looked at Jungkook, "You probably still remember my ex-boyfriend. He was a grade above me. When I was a 3rd year student in university, he did internship abroad and got a girlfriend there just after he arrived. He kept it from me for one and a half years. I did not even suspect it, and his girlfriend abroad too did not sense my presence. That one and a half years, we would still call and video chat, and he even came back to see me on holidays. There was no gap in his deception at all. How do you feel about this?"
Jungkook looked at her for a while, and his eyes gradually seemed to look down on her, "Are you sure there was no gap in his deception? Is it that he made no mistake, or that you were too dumb to suspect?"
Lisa, "..."
Why is it that when it comes to her matters, it becomes her fault for being too dumb!
"There's no way a woman would feel nothing when a man cheats on her."
Lisa pursed her lips and said, "I couldn't call him anymore when I was in my second semester of 4th year. The phone would only connect when he calls me. I asked him about this, he said it's because he changed his cell phone subscription, so it only works when he calls."
Jungkook lowered his eyes and laughed, "And you believed that? I finally understand why there are so many girls are being lied to."
Lisa was enraged by the slight ridicule in his eyes, "It's clear that you have never been in a relationship! When someone is in a relationship, even if you know clearly that the other person is lying to you, you would subconsciously choose to believe him."
"Sorry, I still can't understand the type of relationship you guys had." He said and then examined Lisa a few times, "I really want to write about you in my novel."
"Eh?" Lisa stared blankly, unexpectedly, she was slightly moved, "What kind of character?"
"With your IQ, other than the deceased victim, what other role would you think fits you?"
Lisa, "..."
"If you dare make me the deceased victim, I would make you the deceased victim!" Lisa said exasperatedly.
Jungkook only laughed, then he picked up his chopsticks, and continued to eat.
Since the food bought was placed in disposable boxes, there was only 2 bowls to wash after the meal. Lisa volunteered to perform this duty, and rushed Jungkook to write his draft.
Lisa stayed at his house till 8:30 p.m. before leaving.
On Friday, the Chief Editor finally finished examining her piled up manuscripts.
After finding out that Cha Eunwoo's manuscript passed the review process, Lisa delivered the good news to him immediately: [Are you there? Just now the Chief Editor told me that your manuscript passed her review.]
Cha Eunwoo: [Really?]
Cha Eunwoo: [Thanks, Bian Bian (',,•ω•,,)♡]
(TN: Bian = Editor, and Bian Bian is probably calling Lisa his editor in a cute and friendly way)
Cauliflower: [Congrats! After submitting the manuscript, the Chief Editor has to look at it. Sometimes there is a need for revision, that shouldn't be a problem right?]
Cha Eunwoo: [No problem! Lately I have been writing, now there is more than sixty thousand words! ><]
Would you look over here, other people would write the manuscript so energetically...
Compared to Teacher Xing Xin, the difference is simply like heaven and earth...!
Lisa sighed in her heart, then started to discuss the author's renumeration and manuscript submission time with Cha Eunwoo. The pay for new authors are much lower, and has a huge difference if compared to an author at Xing Xin's level. However, Cha Eunwoo did not haggle over the price with her, and just agreed.
Cauliflower: [Then I will send the electronic copy of the contract to you, read through it, and if there is no problem, sign and send it back to me (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.)]
Cha Eunwoo: [Okay! Thanks again, Bian Bian~ I am so happy! (⌒▽⌒)♡]
Cauliflower: [Looking forward to your future with even better work, I'm watching you kindly 。◕‿◕。]
Cha Eunwoo: [I will try hard, I will not fail to live up to bian bian's expectation! (•̀ᴗ•́)و]
Lisa closed the chat box with Cha Eunwoo, and decided to provoke Teacher Xing Xin.
Cauliflower: [Teacher Xing Xin, the new author I spoke about last time, his long manuscript has passed review!]
Jungkook only replied this message in the afternoon.
Xing Xin: [Are you talking about that uncouth kid who is a source of entertainment?]
Cauliflower: [...His pen name is Cha Eunwoo, and he's only in 3rd year of university this year. Don't you feel like the younger generation will surpass you in time?]
(TN: Cha Eunwoo = A Cloudless Blue Sky)
Xing Xin: [I wrote a novel when I was 17.]
Cauliflower: [That's true. After all, other people grew up reading your works.]
Xing Xin: [...Did you forget that I still have half a manuscript that I haven't submitted?]
Cauliflower: [(•‿•)]
Lisa just sent this emoticon when Cha Eunwoo messaged her.
Cha Eunwoo: [Bian Bian, Bian Bian ah, there's no problem with the contract. I have already printed and signed it (๑╹◡╹๑)]
Cauliflower: [Okay, send it to the address that I gave you this morning ^^]
Cha Eunwoo: [Bian Bian ah~]
Cauliflower: [Hm?]
Cha Eunwoo: [Do you have time tonight? I'll treat you dinner, and pass the contract to you ෆ╹ .̮ ╹ෆ]
Lisa stared blankly for a while, and decided to reject him, [There's no need. It's very inconvenient that way ><]
Cha Eunwoo: [It's okay, just treat it as if you're helping me celebrate! I will order the dishes in advance at Wang Shu Jia. Didn't you guys regret not getting to eat the signature dish last time?]
Lisa considered it for a while, and couldn't resist the temptation of good food.
Cauliflower: [Okay then, I will go after work~]
Cha Eunwoo: [That's great! Bian Bian, you have my number, right? Call me when you depart, I will wait at the university entrance for you (✿^‿^)]