the red wedding.

[lowercase intended for the rest of the chapters!!]

❝𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐨𝐧 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬.❞ [Hyunjin's POV]

wedding day? more like dooms day.

the venue was pretty large, red and white garments surrounding the place. hints of gold flowers and lace made the red pop out a bit more.

you can say almost anything could happen, either good or bad. that's why me and ryujin talked about mentally preparing for the unexpected.

"your majesty? your father requests your presence, he's in the kitchen dining." the guard bowed.

"thank you." i flashed a smile and went to the dining room.

my dad knows i hate talking one on one with him, so he tries to turn it down a notch and talked about it while eating, which i truly appreciate.

"you called?" i gently knocked on the door, catching his attention.

"take a seat, hyun." he patted the chair beside him, gesturing for me to sit down.

"soo...what are we here for?" i took a bite of the tteokbeokki he made for us just earlier.

"i'm— i'm sorry...for everything."

sorry? everything? he didn't do anything wrong, didn't he?

i looked up from my plate with questioning eyes, my cheeks puffed from the food inside my mouth. i quickly swallowed and drank a bit of water.

"what? what do you mean you're sorry? did you do something?"

"your grandfather...found out. i- i don't know what he'll do- i don't know if he'll do the same to me- to youngha..."

tears brimming his eyes, the atmosphere sullen. it's true, he loved my mother but he had to force himself to let go of lee youngha, felix's mother. she had to die from a stupid law.

will i- no, me and felix end up like them? will i...lose him?

"it's going to be okay...will it?"

"i'm not sure, hyun."

the event started. it was an outdoor setting, discovering the fact that it was at gyeoul river. royals from neighboring kingdoms gathered, townspeople surrounding the venue.

i was wearing a red velvet suit with a white button up underneath. as for ryujin, she was wearing a puffy ball gown down to her ankles, gold embroidery of flowers on her sleeves that went up to her elbow. she was also wearing red laced gloves up to her wrist.

i knocked on the door where ryujin was, i brought yeji with me since she mustered up her courage to confess something.

"come in!" ryujins voice muffled due to the door in between. as we entered, the maids bowed in respect and left the room.