misfortune.

[Felix's POV]

as i walked out the store i decided to watch the sun set by the beach before i get home, the paper bag where the promise rings were was swinging as i skipped around the shore.

the view looks beautiful.

i took my phone out of my pocket and took a quick picture to show hyunjin. it was getting late so i decided to head home.

i can't wait to get my night time cuddles.

[No one's POV]

why did felix cross the road? well, to get to the other side. night has fallen and the streetlights were dim enough to light up the sidewalk. in order to get home, the blonde had to cross at least three roads. he kind of regrets the fact that he went to the beach because of how long the walk is home.

he grew sleepy.

crossing the last road, he didn't bother looking both sides as he thought no cars would pass by. considering that it was late at night and the people would have arrived at their homes from work.

he was wrong.

as he crossed the road, he saw bright lights gradually coming closer to him. he stopped walking and squinted to see what it was.

it was a car, going fast if i must say. felix couldn't process what was happening at the first few seconds until it was too late.

the driver rushed out of their car. it was evident that he drank a few shots, but was sober enough to realize that felix fell limp on the ground and was unconscious. the man immediately called an ambulance and assisted felix to the hospital.

[Hyunjin's POV]

1:00am.

where is felix? he's been out since earlier afternoon and its almost dawn.

my phone rang, the number was olivia.

"what is it?" i answered.

"f-felix.." her voice trembled.

"where are you? what happened?"

"i'm at *** hospital, please, come quick." she ended the call.

her voice sounded like she was on the verge of tears.

nothing bad could've happened, right?

i went to the said hospital and walked my way to where olivia was.

they were in front of the operating room. olivia was pacing back and forth while minho was sitting down and spacing out. 

"what happened? is he okay?" i asked.

"he got into a car crash." minho replied. olivia paused for a moment and ran to minho, tears evident in her eyes. he tried his best to comfort the weeping olivia in his arms.

yeji arrived, rushing to her. mumbling and whispering words of encouragement to calm her down. it worked, apparently. olivia's crying toned down a bit as yeji was rubbing her back.

hours have passed,  the doctor came out of the door. we all turned to look at him, hoping that felix was okay.

"I'm sorry but..." he said, each word getting softer as it ends. 

"he's in a coma." 

olivia, who once calmed down, bursted into tears once again. 

it can't be.

"due to the impact of the vehicle, he has received some fractures in his head, causing brain damage. we can't be sure if he'll wake up with all his memories. he'll be at the ICU in the mean time." the doctor continued. he bowed down and left the room. 

i should've called him.

i should've asked him to come home to hug him.

if i just wasn't so careless...

"jinnie." yeji called out. i averted my attention to her.

"don't blame yourself. i know you." she said sternly. i felt a tear fall down my cheek as those words came out of her mouth.

i'm so sorry, my love.

[HIIIII HOW LONG DID Y'ALL WAIT HWJAHSDHDSDA IM SORRY FOR UPDATING JUST NOW😭😭 IT WAS OUR LAST SEMESTER AT SCHOOL AND THEY GAVE OUT A LOT OF SCHOOLWORK !!!! I'LL MAKE IT UP TO YOU GUYS SINCE ITS OUR VACATION ALREADY😭😭😭 THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT !!! LUVYU AALLLL]

++ damn felix keeps dying idk why im doing that to him