forget it.

[No one's POV]

"i'm sorry, who are you?" felix said weakly, his coarse voice resonated throughout the room. hyunjin took a glance to minho, who looked sorry to the boy.

"y-you don't k-know me, s-sunshine..?" hyunjin looked at his bedridden lover. the boy shook his head no.

that was it. he felt like his world was crashing down.

his boyfriend doesn't remember him.

minho walked out of the room, giving the two some alone time. he forced a smile. hyunjin went closer to felix, his steps slow and steady. tears threatened to fall. could he perhaps regain his lover's memories?

"can i.. hold your hand for a while?" hyunjin asked, not wanting to startle the younger at the sudden contact.

"s-sure... but did i know you before? you seem familiar." felix was itching for an answer. the older replied, "yes, you knew me. very well at most."

the younger hesitated, although reached his hand out to his past lover, which he could not remember.

he loved the feeling. their hands fit perfectly in each other's. though the simple physical affection, he felt like he knew the boy for forever. he felt bad that he didn't remember him.

"i'm sorry, for not remembering you." felix whispered, loud enough for hyunjin to hear.

hyunjin's tears started to fall. he hoped that holding his hand would make him remember all the memories they had, as it was their favorite skinship.

well, his hopes are now shattered.

"thank you for your time, felix. get well soon, okay? i love you." he said those three last words ever so softly, felix couldn't help but cry. it felt so familiar to him. it felt so much like home.

hyunjin slowly walked out the door, minho was sitting down on one of the chairs beside it.

"how are you? you okay?" the older asked.

"i'm fine. though i can't blame myself, can't i? he wouldn't want that." hyunjin smiled bitterly.

i guess, let's have another chance in our next lives.

~
4 years later.

the secretary knocked on the door. hyunjin, who was busy with paperworks, told her to come in despite being occupied.

"what brings you here, yuri? do you have the report for this month's sales already?" the man inquired.

"no, sir. the chairman requested the CEO to help with the incoming applicants for their interviews. it's at 3pm later." she replied. hyunjin looked at his wrist watch and saw that it was 2:37.

"call yeji, tell her to drive me there. give her my credit card after." he requested to yuri.

"noted. i'll go now." the girl excused herself from the room. hyunjin decided to text minho.

+010 *** ****
hyung! <
how's felix doing? <
heard you have a date with ji later <

> hi jinnie !!!
> yes, i do have a date w him later
> felix is doing great ! he's currently looking for a job, olivia is helping him
> gtg ! don't wanna miss my date ^^

sure, hyung. have fun! <
read.

[Hyunjin's POV]

i went on my way to the venue. yeji picked me up and thanked me for my credit card.

she has a date with olivia later, sigh.

"don't go over the limit, 'kay?" i reminded her before getting out the car.

"can't i have the black card instead?" she said with a pout. i shook my head no and went inside the building.

hundreds of people were there. all hoping to land a job in this company. JYPE is one of the most successful companies in south korea, high salary, in simpler words"

it started at 3pm, ended at 6pm.

"sir, there's one last person to interview. the chairman said to have dinner at a restaurant nearby. we can go after we're done." yuri mentioned.

"you can come in now."

i looked at the person's resume, and was shocked when i saw the name written on it.

"hi! i'm lee felix, good evening to all of you!"

still as bright as ever.

- END.

[HIIII OKMGMGBSHDGHA THATS THE END OF BOOK 2 !!! book 3 will be seperated from this book since it'd have a different title. thank you for supporting this book ! i'll go on a short hiatus before writing book 3. thank you for supporting loved by royalty !!! though the many grammar mistakes and typos here n there, i'm grateful for the people who are reading this rn, as they've reached the end. book 3 will come a little later as classes are starting in my country and i need to get ready. love u all ! ]