if our love was tragedy.

❝𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐨𝐧 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬

❝𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐨𝐧 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬.❞ [Hyunjin's POV]

"hi." i forced a smile. seeing him pains me now that we won't be with each other more often.

i felt him shift from his spot, his once beautiful eyes now tearstained and empty. you could see how much he cried hours, or maybe even days prior.

"how are you?" i played with his soft hair, peaceful at his presence.

"not so good."

"i'm sorry..."

"no need to be sorr-"

a loud bang rang through my ears. i felt felix's body fall limp and his breath hitched, his eyes fluttering shut.

"FELIX!" i noticed the blood staining his white shirt and immediately carried him in my arms, rushing him to the palace.

"you'll be okay, hang in there okay? you promised me didn't you?" i stared at the sun ring that embraced his index finger, remembering the first day we were official.

"These are promise rings, we both know our relationship won't last if we start dating, but could you promise to be with me in our next lifetime?"

I looked at him with anticipation, waiting for his answer.

His pupils dilates, he sighs, "It'd be an honor to." He says with a smile.

"you have to stay!" tears rolled down the side of my face, desperate to hear a response from the boy, but i got nothing.

"i-i love y-you, p-please r-rememb-ber that." his voice was weak, almost like a whisper.

"i love you too sunshine, now please stay for me, for us, okay?"

if our love was tragedy, why are you my remedy?

my happiness.

my sunshine.

don't go just yet...

we arrived after a few minutes. the guards moving out of the way in a matter of seconds as they saw felix in my arms, severely injured.

"tell lee know hyung to come!" i rushed to the infirmary we had at the palace and harshly knocked on the door, hoping someone was on duty.

"your majesty-" she halted her words. i looked at the nurse desperately.

"i'll take him in, kindly- kindly wait outside." she forced a weak smile and called one of the staff.

please be okay...

"hyunjin-ah! what happened? why the sudden call?"

as i turned around he fell silent. i mean it's understandable.

bloodstained hands and shirt, puffy teary eyes, hair is a mess.

i am a mess in general.

"tell me he'll be okay..." a lone tear fell down my already tearstained face.

"i can't give you false hope hyun, sorry." he looked down to his feet, he felt bad for me.

"i doubt he will."

"what do you mean hyung?"

"grandfather...planned all this."

i raised a brow, he continued.

"long story short, he found out, he threatened sinju to spy over you because if he won't, he'll die, hired a hitman, and watched as history repeated itself."

'history repeated itself'? it happened to...dad too?

"he requested nurses to not help him, just like what he did to youngha, the king's first love." he shifted closer to me and patted my back, attempting to comfort me.

"does that mean-"

"he won't make it. on the other side of that door they're just waiting for his pulse to stop."

that's when my heart shattered in tiny pieces, no hope in attaching itself together again. i never felt more betrayed my whole life.

my own grandfather? did all that?

well, if you take the fact that he's a law abiding royal he is, he would do anything to follow the rules. even if it was murder.

"i'm sorry your majesty..." she took a long pause in between "he didn't...make it." her tone hinted she was ashamed.

"thank you for your service." lee know bowed as the nurses and doctors came out of the room, leaving space for me and lee know hyung to enter.

"cry, go on, i won't be irritated this time." he settled down on one of the chairs.

"you...knew?"

"since day one." a bittersweet smile crept up his face, ruffling my hair as tears started to fall down one by one.

i never knew that night would be our last.

[y'all- this was a rollercoaster- also book one ending soon book two is now under maintenance >:D]