in the end.

❝𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐨𝐧 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬

❝𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐨𝐧 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬.❞ [Hyunjin's POV]

five years have passed. grandfather unfortunately 'died' because i 'accidentally' tripped over his life support.

and i won an oscar on the day of his funeral.

chan was doing fine, he now lives with me in the palace since it could get a bit boring in this overly huge abode.

the neighborhood was slowly becoming more lively, although some were kind of sad that the happy boy who greeted them 'good morning' every time he passes by was now gone.

ryujin and yeji are now happily dating, i supported their relationship and attended their wedding which was in private. i never really cared since i never loved her from the start.

my father now has the authority to change some laws, including the 'relationships between royals and civilian', which i was very thankful about.

and me, well, not so much.

i became king, it's not that hard to be one. i'd always roam freely around the kingdom greeting everyone. you could say i kinda took felix's place after he passed.

i've moved on, that's an understatement. but the memories of me and felix always replay in my mind.

how could a love so beautiful last just for a short period of time?

we had three cats in the palace in memory of felix. which was lee know's idea since he particularly stole soongi from felix. we found out soongi had two other siblings since they randomly showed up at the palace, so lee know named them doongi and dori.

i requested gyeoul river to be upgraded since people started to visit there more often, mostly children go there to play so we put up a little playground there.

the creek where me and felix both met? it was left untouched except for me, lee know hyung, chan, yeji, ryujin, and some of his relatives and close friends.

yuna and haru mostly go there and tell stories of what happened at school or their day in general. the two of them were also welcomed to the palace to play with the cats.

in the end, it seems like it's just normal right?

not having felix around took a toll on my mental health. but every day i've been improving, thanks to the amazing people around me.

to summarize a tragedy of a love story, i guess we could say felix was loved by royalty.

[double update >:D how are we? are we sad? happy? anyways, thank you for the love and support this book received!! i'm very grateful for each and every one of you <33 book two will be published this friday! don't worry, it'll both be joined togeth...

[double update >:D how are we? are we sad? happy? anyways, thank you for the love and support this book received!! i'm very grateful for each and every one of you <33 book two will be published this friday! don't worry, it'll both be joined together so you don't have to find a separate book]