eleven - by your will

Selena wasn’t the kind of wolf that would blindly step her feet into the fray. Assurance was a valuable route to take whenever she was fuming. Though all of her strength seemed to evaporate the moment her eyes dawned upon Francis. He dawned with his expensive gray suit and black tie, accompanied with a matching pair of pants well-polished taupe-colored shoes.

Her estranged cousin was a thorn on her side. His lineage and last name aside, Francis never sat in a light that did him well and despite her dislike for him, Talon always insisted to house him. To her dismay, Francis was like a stray puppy to Talon to which he can’t refuse.

She approached him, knitting her brows together with a rueful and pointed stare. Her arm reached for his shoulder and tugged him outside.

“What are you doing here, bootlicker?” She glowered, holding him tightly.

“Woah, why don’t you let go of me first and we’ll talk like civilized and normal wolves?”

“Civilized?” She scoffed. “Talk to me when you’re civilized enough to admit that you’re no longer our family, Remmington.”

“Ouch, cousin. I would have hoped for a kiss and hug but I’m greeted with vile and hatred.” Francis replied, wincing from the force Selena reigned on his shoulder.

“Alpha Stormwind will murder you the moment he sees you loitering around his pack.”

“Is that you caring or you being eager to push me out? Because, cousin. I suggest you do the first one since Talon sent me here.”

Hearing her brother’s name subsided her initial anger and for a bleak moment, she softened.

“Explain and do it fast before I report you to the Luna.” She harshly lets him go.

Francis shook his head, massaging his shoulder. He was the most lenient with his cousin violently dragging her fingers on his arm, the gesture was now a common occurrence for him.

“Report me?” He spoke. “Well, go ahead then. I might even go with you.”

It would be foolish to act on her feet. Francis always had something rolled up in his well-tucked sleeves and if her brother was involved in this, she feared that the reason might be too serious. Could it be that their pack was under attack again? She shivered in fear. Her pack was still recovering from the last battle, it would be an insurmountable loss for them if another war between packs breaks lose.

“Cat got your tongue, huh? Well, I have an appointment with Luna Eliza herself. Courtesy of Talon.” Francis brushed her aside and entered the packhouse.

Selena swiftly pulled him back. “As much as I admire your lunacy, I don’t need you dying because of it. Especially if it involves my brother.”

“You’re sounding a lot desperate than usual, Selena. Is there something you’re trying to hide?” He leans down on her.

Sadly, she was. If Francis was to report her current state, then all of the hard work her parents had done with building bridges with pack Morris would all be for nothing. Selena knew her brother very well.

Talon, though reserved and understanding, was impulsive and quick to judge when something happened to her. It was one of the many benefits of being a younger sibling to an Alpha but this, she saw it being the bullet that would end everything.

She realized that if in the event Talon ever found out about this, rejecting Nathaniel would be the last thing in her mind. Getting him mixed in all of this would further complicate things. And for once, she didn’t want to rely on her brother to solve her problem.