twelve - send

Heads up! | Heavy content warning ahead about abuse.

~•°•~

Flames on white snow and a crimson sheet stain splattered on its soft top layer, and an angel holding a dagger with her shaky hands. Those were what greeted him when he turned, following a scent unlike any other. A scent that raised the drums in his heart. Her raven dark hair was a sharp contrast against the backdrop of falling snow. He didn’t know that yet, but her name was the blazing word that touched the cold in his depths.

He never expected to find his mate on the battlefield, wielding a dagger. She was a delicate wolf, that he knew from the start. Though she was soft at first glance, she was strong-willed and burned with passion.

Nathaniel could only think of her name now. She was what he needed and longed for, but to touch her without feeling burnt by his promises was impossible.

Selena was only now a dream he needed to let go of.

He gulped and opened his eyes to meet Katie’s concentrated gaze. Her lips were formed into a tight frown as she stared at her laptop’s screen.

Daydreaming, he breathed heavily. He could now only see her in moments of lucid dreams and solitude where he could control what he wanted to see and do.

“I stop working for two days and I get three-hundred eighty emails regarding one simple task.” She groaned.

Katie was not Selena, but Nathaniel had to fulfill his promises and though his heart broke, he pulled himself together to approach her and planted a kiss on her forehead.

“How are you feeling?” He asked.

“Good. My wolf’s back to work as usual…so I guess I’m not dying anytime soon.” She giggled.

“Don’t be so crass, Katie.” He groaned. “Well, the doctor says you’re well enough to go home.”

“Finally! I’ve been wanting to take a shower. But, you’re going to help me encase I slip.”

Katie winked, making him smile lopsidedly.

~•°•~

Some people wake up and choose violence and Selena was sure that Francis was one of those people. He was sitting beside her bedroom window, on his feet was a sniper-rifle while he grasped the hilt of his dagger. She wasn’t even sure if he was awake. His eyes were half-closed, half-opened.

Selena tried to find a reason to get mad but try as she may, it was hard. After what he said last night, she only wanted to check up on him if he was okay. Who was she kidding? Of course, he was okay. Francis could get shot in the head and he’d still be okay.

“Wake up, bootlicker. What are you doing in my room?” She got up from her bed slapped his cheek lightly.

He groans to consciousness and glared at her.

“Haven’t ever anyone told you not to wake up someone holding a knife? I would have stabbed you.”

Selena sighed. “I could have stabbed you too seeing as though you snuck into my room without my permission.”

“I got lonely in my room. I thought you would entertain me with your tears but I found you sleeping and I found myself disappointed. So I slept.”

His voice was overflowing with tardiness. He almost made her want to glare at him. Her eyes averted to his rifle, haplessly resting on the floor.

“What’s with the rifle and the dagger? Were you planning to shoot and then skin me?”

He smirked. “I was hunting some ducks before I came here.”