seventeen - for family

Time ticked away as Selena stood beside her brother’s door. Francis and beta Julius stood next to her as they watched the pack doctor and Talon handles Katie with care. While watching, Selena felt Francis’s silent rage flowing out of his body to her. She felt the anxiousness of his wolf and so too his unrequited emotions of distaste towards the ailing wolf.

The doctor was brought in as soon as Katie was placed in her brother’s bed and an hour later, they still weren’t finished examining her as every conclusion the doctor arrived to, Talon was adamant about re-examining her again like he was paranoid husband to a dying wife.

“Her vitals are up and running, hugely different from when I first examined her, Alpha. She’s doing fine but until her wolf resurfaces, we may not be able to be sure.” The doctor says, patting Talon’s shoulder.

“Are you sure there’s nothing we can do? She’s part human maybe we can put her up in a hospital?” He widened his eyes while trying to conceal the emotions that were already pouring out of his words.

“I can guarantee you, your wolf is safely nestled within her. A few days or so then we might see some results, for now, let’s give her some space. Otherwise, we might tire ourselves waiting for nothing.”

Talon nodded hesitantly. “If that is your evaluation, then I will trust it. But if something happens, please be always available.”

“Of course, Alpha. But I suggest that you rest too. With your wolf temporarily gone, it’ll be physically taxing for you to spend too much strength.”

“Yes, doctor.”

“If that is all, I’d like to take my leave. The atmosphere here is suffocating.” The doctor gestured towards the three of them, Selena, Julius, and Francis.

The three of them were equally unhappy but for different reasons. Selena was unhappy with Katie being so near her brother. Julius was upset that all of the Alpha’s duties were going to be passed down to him which lead to more workload and Francis didn’t like how his cousin currently didn’t have his wolf and in his thoughts, ‘In a lecherous wolf’s body.’

Talon simply knit his brows and looked at them while wearing a confused face.

The doctor leaves but not before looking at the three of them while he shook his head as if warning that something was about to happen.

Selena wanted to say a lot of things. But her words were all just grumbled, intertwined thoughts that had little to no meaning. Above everything, she wanted to send Katie back to pack Highcliff then completely forget that she had ever existed. If only Talon knew everything Selena had gone through, he would understand why she was on the fence about Katie.

But Katie wasn’t a bad person either. She was only afraid of being alone that’s why she chose Nathaniel as her mate. Selena was beginning to have a hard time staying angry at the people around her, knowing that none of them did anything evil in the first place.

Well, maybe except for Nathaniel. Though she wasn’t too sure about everything surrounding him and his decisions, she was to keep him on the side and stay away from anything he wanted to say to her.

“Julius, you will be in charge of coordinating with Alpha Joseph while I tend to my mate. We don’t know until when will I be like this so I trust that you will perform your tasks at your fullest potential.”

Julius heaved a cumbersome sigh and nodded.

“As you wish, sir.” He replied, collecting his composure and leaving after giving the Alpha one quick and dutiful nod.

The Alpha’s attention was pinned back to his sister and cousin. After an awkward exchange of silent stares, Talon turned his back on them and sat on the bed. Talon sported an embarrassed mask while he looked at them.