XXVIII.

☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎

『3』

"So what does he want?" Fury asked.

"To become better than us..." Steve said leaning up against the archway. "He keeps building bodies..."

"Person bodies," Stark corrected.

"The human form isn't efficient biologically speaking..." Thea mumbled out but it was loud enough for them to hear."We're outmoded."

"But he keeps coming back to it..." Tony added on.

"When you two programmed him to protect the human race you amazingly failed," Romanoff said referring to Banner and Stark of course.

"They don't need to be protected..." Banner said bringing his attention to a painting of a butterfly made by Clint's daughter.

"They need to evolve..." Bruce said coming to a realization that brought everyone's eye to him.

"Ultron's going to evolve."

"How?" Fury questioned. The room was silent before Bruce asked his next question.

"Has anyone been in contact with Helen Cho?"

•••••

『THEA』

We all got suited up and were headed to Korea with part of a plan that was made to put Ultron's plan on a minor setback. I seemingly borrowed one of Romanoff's suits since my previous one was back at the tower.

"Two minutes stay close," Blondie said as we made our way to Dr. Helen Cho's lab.

Unfortunately, the robot had already gotten there before us as the place was trashed, with bodies lying around. On the side was the Doctor holding her side injured.

"Dr. Cho." Blondie came to her aid pressing a cloth onto her wound to slow down the bleeding.

"He's uploading himself into the body..." She muttered.

"Where?" Blondie asks standing up but is stopped by Dr. Cho.

"The real power is inside the cradle..." She said.

"The gem... its power is unsustainable, you can't just blow it up. You have to get the cradle to Stark."

"First we have to find it..." I said catching her attention too.

"Go." She said, Blondie stood up and looked at me.

"Get her some help, I'll head to Ultron." He said walking out.

"You're not a match for him Blondie," I mumbled.

"I heard that."

"Congrats..."

•••••

『3』

Thea got Dr. Cho to a nearby hospital now receiving medical attention."Well, he's definitely unhappy," Steve said through the comms.

"I'm gonna try and keep him that way," Thea had emerged from the shadows catching up to the truck.

"You're not a match for him Cap," Barton said in the comms.

"Told you..." Thea said earning an annoyed sigh from Steve.

"Thanks, Barton. A little help Thea?"

"I'm on my way," She said climbing on top of the running vehicle.

'Look at me. Being cooperative on the opposite team...' Thea thought to herself as she took a glimpse at the busy freeway.

"You know what's in that cradle," Ultron said as he blasted at Blondie but was canceled out by his shield."The power to make real change and that terrifies you..."

"I wouldn't call it a comfort," Steve said hurling his shield into Ultron's chest. The two go at each other meanwhile Thea snapped out of her daze and went to go help.

"Stop it!" Ultron throws Blondie's shield overboard and blasts him off the truck but quickly Thea drops down grabs hold of his arm and pulls him up with ease.

"Thea glad you could join in on the fun..." Ultron said sending a blast to Thea only for it to merge itself with her.

"Oh wow, that hurts," She said sarcastically before sending the same force back at him.

"The next hits are gonna hurt a lot more," Ultron said stomping his way to the two.

Steve goes on with hand-to-hand combat with Ultron getting him into a headlock but is immediately repositioned for Ultron to hold Steve off the truck by his neck. Thea could see Romanoff not far behind racing towards them with Steve's shield of course.

"I hope you can catch," Natasha said as neared the side of the truck tossing Steve's shield up. Thea catches it throwing it at Ultron knocking him back and releasing his grip on Steve.

"Thanks," Steve said as Thea handed his shield back to him.

"Don't mention it." After Ultron stood back up he blasted Steve off again and went for Thea again.

"You're just as clueless as the others..." He said grabbing her by the arm and holding her up in the air.

"You have no idea of what we could've accomplished with this...We could've corrected mankind's mistakes." He roughly grazed her wing leaving it wounded.

"Let. Me. Go." Thea sneered using her hands to melt into his arm making him back away and dropping Thea. She then jumps up and Spartan kicks him.

Steve jumped back on the truck.

"Come on," He said entering the fight.

"Clint could you draw out the guards..." Romanoff asked speeding through the streets.

"Let's find out."Amidst Steve and Thea fighting Ultron Clint comes with the quinjet shooting at the annoyed Decepticon. The action causes Ultron's bots to chase after the quinjet.

Now going further off the highway Steve throws Ultron into a beam. But then the robot himself charges at Steve taking them both and crashing into a nearby train.

Thea looks over to the train commotion and back at Romanoff who is right behind the truck.

"I'm going in Cap, Thea, can you keep him occupied?"

"What do you think we've been doing?" The two said simultaneously over the comms.

Thea stood up at the side of the truck looking towards the train.

"Not that far-right?" She mumbled to herself jumping off the moving truck and onto the moving train. The first thing she sees is of course the spangled soldier and the robotic humanoid going at it with civilians aboard watching in fear.

955 words