《 hongjoong - under the raindrops 》

* hongjoong x gender neutral (this is for you lovelies out there! i'm sorry i didn't specify on what gender is y/n here, i noticed. it can be of any gender; i'm just used to write from a girl's perspective.)

* i heard it was pride month few days ago. sorry i'm late! correct me if i'm wrong. i would have googled it but you can never be too sure, right? ahah.

hongjoong was a busy man, we all know that

hongjoong was a busy man, we all know that. everytime he and his members were on break, guess where he's at? his studio; writing songs or composing for his juniors in KQ. there was no way of stopping him, not even his lover can; y/n.

y/n is a college student, balancing their studies and working as a part time makeup artist in their boyfriend's company. the company had no dating ban, however, they aren't allowed to act unaccordingly when working. that made the couple really happy.

y/n is liked by all KQ staffs and the staffs were comfortable knowing there's someone who loves hongjoong extra more. they hoped y/n could bring hongjoong out of his studio more but he won't budge. y/n didn't mind, though.

while y/n was hanging out with the boys at the dorms, hongjoong was done with his work early and checked at the time to see it was early.

"it's the first time i'm done working at 8pm. i wonder if y/n's doing anything." hongjoong muttered under his breath before locking up his studio. he bumped into his staffs. "hi, have you seen y/n-ssi around?"

"oh, they're at the dorms practicing their makeup skills on the members, i heard. their skills are improving too!" the staffs said before hongjoong bowed to them and excused himself.

much to his disappointment, it was raining cats and dogs. too heavy to the point his shoes were half soaking after putting one foot out. he pulled back and groaned.

"out of all days, i didn't bring my umbrella." he sighed, feeling defeated he can't be there for y/n on time.

he was about to head back in when an umbrella covering him from small droplets. he looked at the person holding and smiled when it was y/n.

"hey, babe. you didn't have to come here." he didn't bother to check his surroundings and hugged you. you almost lose balance but adjusted your footing.

"i want to. i have a feeling you didn't bring your umbrella, when i just bought you one last week." you cocked your eyebrow.

hongjoong didn't bother to defend himself and kissed your red cheek. "well, you've gotten cold so let's go before the boys finishes the pizza."

"oh, the boys finished two boxes so i had to order 2 more." you told him and that made him shake his head.

then the two of you walked home, holding hands without a care.