《 san pt. 2 》

Inspired by 'The Wolf Girl and The Black Prince'

Inspired by 'The Wolf Girl and The Black Prince'. Here's part 2. Enjoy!

"San!" You called spotted him talking to his other friends besides the Ateez boys. Two girls were on both his sides, touching his arm while he seemed to enjoy their company. You stopped at your tracks when the girl on his right turned his head harshly towards her and attacked his lips. His eyes closed in satisfaction as he kissed her back, holding the girl's head.

It hurt but he never knew of your feelings so he didn't do it purpose, right?

Your legs brought you to him and you were infront of their tale. "San." You called.

He looked up in disbelief. "(y-y/n)... umm..."

"Wait, she's still your girlfriend, right?" the girl who kissed him asked. San facepalmed. He forgot he was in school compound and he kissed another girl, not you.

"I-I-"

"W-We're not together anymore... I guess." You said, shocking San.

"Wait really? So, it's over between you guys?"

"That's what I said," you bravely said. "I'm just here to tell you that Seonghwa wanted you home after this. His phone died so he asked me to tell you."

It was a lie but you can't just tell him that you came all the way from their HQ just to confess to him, though. That'd be awkward, considering he just kissed another girl. That would be embarrassing.

San got the lie and nodded. "Right. Okay."

-

San was done 10 minutes later and he jogged up to you. "You interrupted me."

"I interrupted you? I'm sorry, I didn't expect my 'boyfriend' to kiss another girl in the school compound. Let's not forget everyone knew of our 'relationship'. But thanks to you, it's messed up and I had to 'break up' with you."

"Why does it bother you, when you hated it in the first place?" he glared.

"Because-" tell him now.

"Now my friends won't talk to me!" Bullshit.

"Bullshit," it was as if he read your thoughts. "Your friends are disgusting sluts who cares about labels and you're afraid of them not talking to you? If I remember correctly, you hung out with my friends now, not those girls."

"I'm going home."

"So, it ends here?" he shoved his hands in his pockets.

"No," you turned back to him. "I ran all the way from the headquarters because I wanted to confess to you. I'm in love with you. But when I saw you kissed that girl, I couldn't."

He looked surprised. "Y-You liked me?"

When you didn't answer, he remained emotionless. "Wow... I never thought you'd like me because of how I treated you. Honestly, I... felt the same way." He walked closer to you.

"R-Really?"

He leaned closer to your ear and smirked, "Like hell."

Your heart rate dropped. He pulled away from you with a mocking look. "What made you think I would like you? You're so pathetic, you'd believe me even if I talked sweet with you. No wonder boys take you for granted. You're-" he stopped when you slapped his face hard. It was enough to surprise him and watched you with a dumbfounded look. His eyes widened at how you stared at him with anger and hatred in your eyes.

Why is she looking at me like that?

"I hate you," you spat with venom as tears rolled your cheeks. "I don't want to see your face again." You didn't yell but it gave much impact on San as he watched your reaction. You were dead serious and you were breathing hard.

He didn't get the chance to say anything when you left him behind at the road side, the opposite direction of where he lived. You disappeared then.

-

Trigger warning: possibly suicidal thoughts & mention of death

Weeks went by and nothing improved with you. Everyone heard of your 'break up' with San and your girl-friends, as expected, won't speak to you and kicked you out of their group for lying to them. You shrugged your shoulders and walked through the halls alone, unbothered.

You received death threats from San's fangirls since the fake break up. Some were so graphic, you felt like following their orders and just give up life. The boys called and texted you dozens of times but you refused to answer. When you saw them in school, you avoid them.

A message came from Wooyoung a day after the incident saying San came home and Seonghwa beat the crap out of him. San passed out till morning.

You didn't reply to that and sighed, silently thanking Seonghwa for supporting you. But if San was out of your life, there's no reason for you to be friends with Ateez anymore.

During recess, all the benches were taken so you ate behind the school building, looking down on your lunch box. It was prepared nicely by your aunt but you had no appetite. You lost the will to live and drank strawberry milk once a day. You were losing weight, too. But you felt nothing.

You felt pain in your chest, literally, when you kept your lunch away. It was due to stress, according to your doctor. He scolded you for skipping meals every day but you were stubborn as a mule.

"(y/n)???" You looked up see Mingi. "What are you doing back here? We were looking for you."

"Oh. Hi."

"Shit, (y/n), you look pale." He inched closer to your face and took out his phone. "I'm gonna call Wooyoung."

"No..." your voice was hoarse, hands on Mingi's as you stopped him. "If you call him, he'd hate me."

He cocked his eyebrow. "Why would he-"

You spat out bubbles from your mouth and before darkness took over, Mingi shouted your name.

To be continued. See you in part 3!