《 wooyoung part 1; waiter!au 》

Disclaimer: wooyoung staring admiringly at reader from across the room or anywhere

Disclaimer: wooyoung staring admiringly at reader from across the room or anywhere. A friend whispers into wooyoung's ear: 'Why are you so thirsty?'

[---]

You were a regular customer in KQ café – it was the nearest café across from your apartment and you finally found a place to chill. You go there almost everyday to complete your assignment or any work because doing it at your apartment was frustrating. Sure, it was wasting money since you need to purchase a drink to stay at the café but it was an advantage when one of the owners is actually your cousin, Mingi.

Mingi and Yunho co—owns KQ café after Yunho's dad retired from the business. Yunho was the real owner and Mingi, his longtime partner, helped him and assisted him.

Turns out the duo was dating but they were lowkey since the only time to step outside was Sunday night. That was when Seonghwa will take over the café so Yunho and Mingi can have their off day. Seonghwa is the manager; Hongjoong is the assistant manager; Yeosang is the store manager; Wooyoung, San and Jongho are the baristas/waiters. As for cleaning, they do it by schedule.

Back to the story – you were doing your work as usual in the same spot by the window when you realized you were out of drinks. You groaned, leaning back on your chair.

"Working hard, y/n?" Mingi walked over and poured coffee in your cup. "You shouldn't frown when doing your work; you'll hurt your eyes." He lectured.

"Mingi, I'll feel bad if you keep serving me free stuff in your café. You'll go broke and out of business if I don't pay you back." You said.

"Who said so? You're a part of us. Why should we charge family?" Mingi pinched your cheeks.

"Mingi's right. And besides, you fed us many times before when we started our business. We'd close the café late at night and had no time to cook for ourselves. You were there for us from the start." Yunho stepped in, his arms around Mingi.

"I guess. . ." you mumbled. You still felt bad, though.

"No more being sad, cousin. Just holler if you need anything." The two of them leave you alone to do your work.

As you continued your work, Wooyoung was free from work so he stared at you admiringly from the bar, his hands on his palm. He noticed how you tied your hair while typing down on your laptop, how you lean back on your hair when you're frustrated about something, how your eyes brightened when you have ideas and so on. He didn't realize how deep his attention was on you when San leaned near his ear.

"Why so thirsty, my man?"

Wooyoung jumped, almost screamed but realized it was San causing the boy to laugh and hit his stomach.

"You should've seen your face, Woo. It was hilarious." San was still laughing, pointing at Wooyoung's face.

"You don't scare a man when he's staring at a girl, you shit. She nearly found out it was me." Wooyoung scolded.

"You're not denying it. So manly."

"Piss off, San. Aren't you supposed to do your work right now?" Wooyoung raised his eyebrow, referring to San supposedly washing the utensils after lunch hour.

"I know my job, Woo, I've been working here for 7 months now. And what about you? You're supposed to be doing drinks."

"There's no customer."

"Exactly, so why rush washing the utensils?"

"Because we are not rich and we don't have enough cups for the entire country to use, so please boys, do your work so you can actually take a break." Hongjoong appeared, crossing his arms.

"Yes, hyung." Wooyoung and San saluted playfully before resuming their work.

"Hey, Wooyoung." You walked to the counter.

"Oh hey, y/n. Anything you want to order?" Wooyoung tried to stand tall and cool but it failed when San snorted in the back, seeing Wooyoung's legs shaking from shyness while talking to you.

"Can I have the waffle with vanilla ice-cream, please? I need to boost up my energy before I go to work tonight."

"Doing your assignment and working part-time? I respect you, y/n. You're really hardworking." San complimented.

"I just want to earn something for my allowance, that's all." You said.

"Then, work here. We need a cook here, actually. Seonghwa and Yeosang can be busy sometimes." Wooyoung said. "Anyway, you can sit down and wait while we make your waffles."

"Oh but I need to pay—"

"Nonsense, y/n. It's free for you." San waved his hands. He was in the process of making the waffles while Wooyoung took out the ice-cream.

"Oh, come on. Let me pay or else I won't come back." You threatened.

"You always come back. Unless, you work with us to pay it back. You can resign from your current job." Seonghwa suggested.

"That's not a bad idea. Your current job is half an hour journey from your apartment, so you're always stuck in traffic. Might as well work here where you'll arrive less than 5 minutes." Mingi agreed. You jumped at his sudden appearance.

"And work with Wooyoung hyung so he can be more motivated." Jongho spoke for the first time after clearing a table and laughed when Wooyoung glared at him.

"Okay, I'll do it."

"It's okay if you say no—wait, you want to work with us?" Everyone's jaw dropped at your fast response.

"Sure, it's fair enough I get free food. Might as well I gain it by working here. When can I start?"

The boys smiled at each other before Mingi put a straight face and cleared his throat.

"You can start next Monday. That way you have 5 days to resign from your job and start your first shift in the morning with us." Mingi said.

"Yes! Finally, Wooyoung can shut up." Yeosang cheered while carrying some stocks into the store. The boys snickered when Wooyoung only blushed in response.

"Thank you for having me. I'll be looking forward to be working with you!" You bowed at your friends and smiled.