《 ateez x idol! reader 》

disclaimer: reader is the new ateez member aka female member and

disclaimer: reader is the new ateez member aka female member and... the boys didn't like the idea.

<--->

"She's our girl member?"

"Manager, you're not joking, right?"

The boys stared at you simultaneously while you're gripping on your bag tightly. You were having anxiety at the moment – you see, you were a trainee of KQ and one of the 5th girls in training. There were not many trainees in KQ even after ATEEZ was formed. You've been training a year and a half but to some trainers and staffs, you were improving rapidly and they see a potential in you. Just not what you expected.

They think you'd fit in a co-ed group instead of a girlgroup so they decided to put you in ATEEZ as a project for your compatibility with male members.

"No, I'm not joking. She's doing a project to be a group member of ATEEZ. She won't interfere; she'll collab songs with you, photoshoots, and such but depends on your choices, she can also tour with you and be a permanent member." Manager explained.

"Besides, she has potential not all girls have, you see. That's how we scouted her." Manager assistant piped in.

"She can also speak English; you can learn from her!"

"But manager—" Hongjoong pulled the manager closer to whisper, "—we can't settle in with a girl. Things go badly when male idols are involved with female idols. Scandal rumours will start."

"Simple. Don't act unusual and just be professional. That's how your seniors do it." Manager slapped Hongjoong's shoulder and faked a smile. "Be nice to our female trainee, okay? She's intimidated by you right now and we worked our butts off just so this project succeeds."

A month went by and the bonding did not improve one bit.

Every time you try to bond with them behind the camera, they skipped you and talked amongst themselves. Like you didn't exist. Even Seonghwa, the supposedly 'nicest' member of ATEEZ, was avoiding you but he did smile one or two times. Probably a fake smile.

The boys would eat super late so you were alone in the kitchen looking through social media with your staff's phone. She was next to you but she didn't care what you do as long as you don't post stuff. Your fingers typed in your ex's social media.

"Who are you searching?" she asked you.

"Um.. my ex.." you answered quietly. She and the manager are the only people in the production team that talks to you and some people are afraid to talk to you. You didn't care.

"Ah, the one that broke up with you after you joined us?"

You nodded.

"He's not worth it, y/n-ah. If he's not there for you while you're chasing your dream, then he's not worth being yours while you're a successful idol." She snatched her phone back and closed the page. "Have you started on your song writing yet?"