《 wooyoung pt. 1 》

"i told you not to fall in love with me

"i told you not to fall in love with me."

genre: angst

Everytime he walks by me, I feel his stare burning the back of my head. I silently prayed that he doesn't act on it and just ignore it. When he didn't do anything, I sighed in relief as I turned around to see him walking away without looking back at me. Instead, he was busy laughing with his close friend San.

Wooyoung is from Ateez and that group itself is dangerous. They've allied with gangs outside of school and caused trouble sometimes. They made a bad name of our school but because they're a gang, no one, not even teachers or principal, was able to do anything. Parents tried to complain and well...

Shit happens when you mess with Ateez.

I've known Ateez since they were my neighbours. Oof I know, but they were actually decent people. Just that when we're in school, they don't approach me nor acknowledge me. It was a way to protect my reputation as a mediocre here but truthfully, I was like the addition to their family.

But of course 'family' doesn't apply to me when I fell in love with Wooyoung. After I broke up with my ex, Wooyoung was there. He made sure I was alive that day since I nearly tore down my apartment. I was an emotional angry person so my entire living room was trashed.

Even my table was half broken.

I confessed to Wooyoung once and those words still burned until now,

"Don't fall in love with me. Ever."

Obviously, as a paranoid and emotional girl, I thought he meant I don't deserve to be his girlfriend so I got mad and refused to speak to him since.

That was a year ago-- lmao kidding. It was a week ago.

"Join us," Seonghwa said as he walked pass me without a glance. I looked up to see if he really said that and when he sat down, looking back at me after and the boys stared at me, I knew he was serious. I gulped, looking down at my food.

I thought they're not supposed to talk to me in school.

"Yah, y/n! Join us!" Mingi called a bit loudly and everyone stared at me afraid. My classmate, Kay, nudged me.

"Dude, I think Mingi is referring to you."

"There could be a different y/n."

"No, but San is looking at our table."

"He's probably looking at the table next to us."

"There's no one next to our table."

"What are yo-" she was right. There was no one there. "He probably saw a ghoul or something."

Suddenly Kay hit my arm. "Yunho is coming!" she then turned away as soon as Yunho towered over our table.

"You're coming with us." He did the unthinkable; he carried my tray of food to their table and my jaw dropped. Now everyone gasped around me.

Duh, an Ateez member that was rumoured to be dangerous, was carrying a girl's tray for her just so she joins them for lunch. Nothing unusual, really. Nope.

Once I joined them, I smacked the nearest person which was Jongho and glared at them. "I thought we agreed not to greet each other in school nor make eye contact. Why the hell am I here?!"

"To settle some stuff."

"Like?"

"You and Wooyoung? You're not talking to each other and you hardly talk to us since that confession." Hongjoong said.

"I can't help it when someone I had a crush on-" I made sure to spit that out to Wooyoung, "-just turned me down and act like it didn't affect me. We were friends; if anything, I'd feel better if he was being honest."

"But I was." Wooyoung said.

"You only said-"

"Don't fall in love with me ever. It's clearly stated in black and white, y/n. You can't fall in love with me because of what we are and who I am as a man. I can hurt you."

"But you can choose not to. You have a choice."

"If I was given a choice and still do something bad to hurt you, then I will never forgive myself. I'm sorry, y/n."

"No. I'm sorry for having feelings," I don't feel hungry anymore and stood up. "Then there's no reason for me to be your friends. I'm not just gonna sit here and listen to your bullshit. I can decide if I want to fall in love and if I do get hurt, that's part of life. I chose to fall in love and I will get hurt whether I expect it or not. You're so selfish, Wooyoung, but that's fine. I won't be here to be a pain in your ass anymore."

I get to choose if I want to fall in love or stay in the cage with sharks circling me underwater. It is my choice and mine only. And if he doesn't respect my decision, I could leave but why the hell am I so heartbroken at each step I take leaving him and my friends?

part 2?

whose bias is wooyoung? mine is wooyoung,

san and seonghwa. but tbh ateez is that one group

where i love every one. they are that group i can't abandon.