《 mingi 》

requested by  geazylover05

a/n i hope i do well for this chapter, although i love angst. trigger warning: mention of foul words. 

"Honey, come back here!"

"No! What you did was unforgiveable and despicable."

Here's a recap - it was yours and Mingi's 3rd year anniversary. Even though the two of you were together for 3 years, Mingi still dots on you and treats you like a queen. Marriage came through his mind sometimes but as an idol, he needs to accomplish many things in his career. Once Ateez is taking a long hiatus, he plans to propose to you, but for now the two of you focus on your daily lives as girlfriend and boyfriend.

Anyway, back to the story: it was a romantic dinner and Mingi was holding your hand the entire time you were eating, feeding you and sharing his food with you and vice versa. It was so cute that the older couples few tables from you were cooing over at your relationship. The old woman approached you and winked at you, causing you to blush. The older couple left and a group of boys walked in after, chose to sit in a table for five people next to yours and some of them sat where they were able to look at your face. Mingi left the table to the bathroom as soon as the boys settled down and when Mingi was out of sight, one of the boys leaned over to you.

"Can't help but notice how hot you look, miss." The first boy winked.

You only heard the last part and you looked around wondering if he was talking to you or a lady nearby you but you were the only one there so you pointed to yourself.

"Are you talking to me?" you asked.

"Who else? If you want, you can dump your boyfriend and join us. He doesn't look like he treats you well enough." Another boy jumped in, interested to attract your attention.

You scoffed.

"What makes you think he's not treating me well enough?" You leaned over as you mocked his tone with you.

"He left you, didn't he?"

Again, you scoffed. But this time it was loud.

"You're hilarious. Really." You rolled your eyes and that's when Mingi stepped in after witnessing from afar. He thought you were laughing at what the boys were saying to you and was fuming as he heard your comment. His figure towering their table which cut you off, not realizing he was out of the bathroom.

"Why are you bothering my date?" he asked with his deep voice, which he only used if he's in a bad mood or when he woke up from his sleep. His eyebrows narrowed making his gaze more intimidating.

The boys immediately changed their sitting position and you can see how shaky their figures were just from them sitting down.

"W-We were just complimenting her, dude. It's not a big-"

"Yeah, I heard that so many times in the pub, book stores, the mall and everywhere. It's not my fault my girlfriend is a looker, is it?" Mingi then pulled you out of your seat as you watched him in surprise as he dragged you out of the diner and head straight home.

You were yelling at him the whole journey back to your shared apartment and you were still yelling as you got home. You didn't care if your neighbours called the police.

"Despicable? Me? I'm not the one flirting with five boys who is 7 years her junior!"

"Flirting?!! Since when did I flirt with teenagers? I'm not a pedophile!"

"Then why were you laughing at their jokes and said they were 'hilarious'? Would you prefer their company instead of our anniversary?" He walked closer to you.

You blinked. Scoffing in response (you've been doing that a lot lately), you tossed your cardigan to the chair as you felt heat rising within you.

"You're misunderstanding this whole thing again! God damn it, Mingi! If you had stood closer to the table, you'd know that they said they think you left me so I mocked them asking what made them think that and said they were hilarious for being too cocky."

Mingi relaxed a bit but the way his hand rised to his hair was fast, you thought he was about to hit you, so you used your arm to protect your face. Mingi has never gone physical with you, ever, but it was at that moment you thought he would. His eyes widened in surprise by the way you reacted and he held your hands.

"I was not about to hit you, y/n. I promise." He reassured, taking a deep long breath and his expression relaxed, back to his normal look. "I was relieved when you told me that. I would never doubt you, y/n. It's just that- we've been together for 3 years and I was hoping the dinner would make you feel like it was our first date together or any of our random dates. I thought I would fail if you get bored of our dinner dates and you prefer to be with younger guys. I can't blame you; you're a beautiful woman. If I was a high school boy, I would flirt with you just like they did."

The last part made you smile. Mingi slowly wrapped his arm around you, your hands on his chest.

"I'm sorry I ruined the dinner tonight. I guess I am jealous that someone might take my woman from me. After all, I'm completely and utterly in love with you, y/n. I love you so much, I'd do anything for you." His forehead touched yours as his eyes scanned yours. "Your eyes still glowed for me. I'm just happy with that already."

"Damn you, cheese ball." Your voice cracked as he pulled you into a kiss.