《 ateez 》

genre: -

genre: -

disclaimer: staff!reader went with ateez to a foreign country where the fans aren't allowed to touch and interact with the boys, which upsets them. reader confronted the other staffs but shit happens.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

it was ateez's first fan-meeting in malaysia. you know nothing about the country but you were excited for the boys since they are meeting atinys from all over the world. the only thing you know about the country is the fans are mostly muslims, similar to indonesia, but malaysia has more cultures and languages spoken.

"even koreans live there too." your boss informed you and the boys, to which surprised them. "their food is good, citizens are lovely people and they have so many cultures to learn from."

"i can't wait." hongjoong replied, shaking in his seat with excitement. it was sad that their experience in thailand was less memorable since thai staffs didn't allow fans to interact with the boys longer and hurried the crowd during hi-touch. [was during kcon thailand and it did happen] but this time, you wanted the boys to spend more time with their fans before their next comeback.

but boy, were you wrong.

the moment the fanmeeting began in malaysia, it was chaotic - the staffs over sold their tickets causing the venue to be super crowded, fans fainted all over the place and injuring themselves, technical problems, and malaysian staffs mistreating the fans while they were signing their albums.

one girl was trying to play a game with mingi when a malaysian staff dragged her by her arm and pushed her to the next member. mingi saw how hurt the girl was and stood up. "no, please don't hurt her. she is painful." he tried but the staff ignored him, which he sighed in disappointment and sat down.

"calm down, mingi." yeosang said loudly to his ear due to the screaming. while yeosang was talking to another fan, the same staff yelled at her to hurry up and she flinched, looking upset that she got yelled at.

"i'm sorry. i love you, though!" the fan was then pushed to another member. yeosang only watched in disapproval.

this was going on until the fanmeeting was over and sadly the mc of the event announced there were no hi-touches, much to their dismay, and ended the fanmeeting. the boys said their goodbyes. most of the members were upset by how their atiny was treated but can words be delivered to the foreign staffs?

"well, that went well." your boss was being sarcastic but the mc thought otherwise and laughed.

"i'm glad you had fun. thank you so much for being here. i'm sure the fans are happy to see you." the mc said.

"they don't look happy to me." you spoke up. everyone stared at you. "the whole time i was watching and all i see were you pushing the fans to hurry up without them interacting properly with the members. some of them got hurt too."

"they're the ones who weren't being too careful." one staff said. the same staff who caused the fans to be upset.

"so that gives you the right to drag one girl by her arm and pushed her even before she was done with one member?"

the staff shook her head. "perempuan ni tak faham ke? bodoh la, malas nak layan dia. kalau dia tak suka cara kerja kita, tak payah datang sini lagi." she even smirked, thinking you didn't understand her. but thanks to your language class, you learned melayu for your next visit to indonesia. [trans: doesn't she understand? she's so dumb i couldn't even talk to her anymore. if she hates how we do our job, then don't come back here anymore.]

"jangan panggil saya bodoh, nanti kamu sendiri yang diperbodohkan. next time, talk to me directly instead of covering it up with a language you think nobody can understand." you made sure to eye her from top to bottom and tilt your head. "a tongue of a snake really matches the face of a devil, sweetie." you said in korean, to which then everyone's jaw dropped. [trans: karma hits right back at you if you call someone stupid or smth. idk how to translate this properly but basically it's like don't call someone a fool or else you'll be fooled yourself.]

once the malaysian staffs left, of course apologized for everything, the other staffs and even ateez members turned to you.

"y/n, how did you- since when did you learn that language?" your boss asked with a wide smile.

you just shrugged. "i only learn like a bit of the language. it's not as hard as english."

"noona, what did you just told her?" hongjoong asked.

"i told her that nobody messes with atiny and ruined everything just because of the way you're doing your job. whether or not it is halal, no fan should be treated that way. they should have given more time for them to interact with you. besides, they paid so much to see you, right? the least they should have done was to let them talk to you. they don't see you as often as your k-fans so it's unfair they were treated badly."

"that's true. but putting that aside, let's enjoy our time here. food's next!" the manager said and the boys cheered. san came to you and patted your back, showing his dimpled smile. knowing him long enough, he was saying thank you for standing up for atinys.

because atinys are the reason why ateez became who they are today and their inspiration to become idols. nobody messes with ateez's babies. nobody.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

this happens a lot to malaysian kpop fans. like, everytime a kpop idol visits our country, mostly kuala lumpur, the idols were either ambushed by crazy fans or the organizers ruined everything during their performance making it difficult for the idols to adjust themselves. fans fainted and injured, venues get overcrowded, and staffs oversold their tickets to earn more $$. that's how bad malaysian organizers are; they're shitheads who only care about $$ from fans buying tickets to see their idols but gave such poor treatment to both fans and idols.

i hate to say this but i don't want ateez to come to malaysia. i don't want them to get mistreated by organizers here. i expect nothing from malaysian organizers and sure as hell i expect them not to invite ateez to come to kuala lumpur. i am getting sick of the mistreatment each idol group went through during their stay in my country.