《 wooyoung 》

genre: angst and fluff

disclaimer: "don't tell me you're fine, i can see the blood!" (2 version)

[---]

fluff ver. (drabble)

sometimes life don't go as you want it to be - life can knock you down and it is up to you to come back up or remain down like a loser. at this point, you want to be a loser.

you heaved a sigh, staring at the sharp object in your hand.

"maybe i should just give up."

you failed to notice that wooyoung came home from practice and when he was about to greet you, he saw you from behind holding the knife and he panicked, sprinting towards you and slapped the knife out of your hands.

"babe, don't do this, please."

"what?"

you innocently stared at his worried gaze.

"are you okay?" he asked, cupping your face.

"i-i'm fine-"

"don't tell you're fine, i can see the blood!" he referred to the droplets of blood on your face. his brain processed and his eyes blinked. "wait. droplets?" he looked around the two of you and noticed you were in your apron. in the sink was fish guts and scales all over the sink.

"yeah... fish's blood. i went to the market." you tilt your head, very confused to why he was acting this way. you had trouble taking out the guts, so the blood splattered all over you.

he shut his eyes and his head falls back, screaming out something in relief and looked back at you, smiling. "i love you, wifey. you are so beautiful and the purest human being i've ever married," he kissed the tip of your nose and booped it. "be right back, sweetheart. i'll help you with cooking. i feel nasty." he went to your shared bedroom.

you were touched by the compliments, still unaware of what really happened. "huh. maybe i should wear my apron more often."

[---]

angst/fluff ver.

being best friends with ateez was the one thing you can never exchange. the friendship was nothing but pure happiness, stress-free and clean environment. minus the part when yunho and mingi nearly pissed you off because they accidentally sat on you while you were sleeping on the couch but you love them nonetheless.

so being their friend can be quite risky - you went out with them as a normal human being; not a celebrity or a staff. one of the staffs was actually your intern buddy from college and she called you in to help her buy their groceries once. since you were free, you thought 'why not' and helped her.

"but i need you to keep a secret." she told you.

"i hate keeping secrets but for you, i'm okay."

"wow, your honesty doesn't change. anyway, i'm currently working in kq company and a staff to a group called ateez. they're a huge hit lately."

"interesting?"

she only stared at you dumbfounded and waved it off. "nah, she doesn't even bother," she muttered about you and led you into the company, not before asking you to wear a visitor's pass. the boys met you and told you to come often, with the permission of your friend.

about three months being their friend, you and wooyoung are the closest so sometimes you'd go to the fast food store with him and his fansites found out about you. most international fans were wondering if you were an idol or a staff. even so, their comments were harmless. but the k-fans' comments were brutal and downright cruel.

some of the comments were bringing down your self-esteem, saying you don't deserve to stand next to an idol and all that. some even went through the details like how your hair was ugly and it was dry while wooyoung's was smooth and nice. all the brutal ones mostly came from the k-fans and non-atinys.

but what bothered you was when they also send him hate for being unprofessional going out with a woman late at night. the hate was mostly towards you, which you were fine, but you felt guilty for bringing him into the mess.

"i think y/n should stop visiting us." their manager suggested.

"but that's not fair. she's our friend." hongjoong said.

the others agree. "we had female staff around us but none of them ever said anything. what makes y/n any different?" yeosang stated. fact bomber, of course.

"because she is not a staff. boys, i know she's a nice company but we are doing this for both of you. she'll get threatened if she continues being with us. would you want that for her?"

they all shook their head, unable to say anymore. you, too, agreed with their manager. your friend sadly walked you out of the building and only stopped at the door, seeing you off.

"i'm sorry for what happened, y/n. i should've been more careful and keep you lowkey. i asked them to hire you as one of us but-"

"none of this is your fault; it's mine. i got careless and i deserved it. maybe our friendship isn't meant to last long." your voice nearly cracked but you inhale to compose yourself. "i'm gonna head home. um, kei? will you please tell wooyoung i'm sorry and it was my fault he gets backlash. i didn't mean for it to happen."

"no way," kei hugged you seeing as you're about to cry. "wooyoung cares about you. if anything, i bet he rather spends his day with you any day. he likes you. but now that you're on your own, please be careful."

two months. two months since you last seen wooyoung or any ateez member. you couldn't watch them at music broadcasts because anyone can recognize you and ambush you. you didn't bother to anyway until you got an email of invitation to come watch them on music bank.

it was hella risky but you missed them so you went.

you made sure your hair was tied into a bun and you wore a mask like any citizen would. you entered without problem, thank god, but here comes the part where you have to be in a sea of screaming girls and of course, haters.

none of them recognized you yet until ateez came on stage and they looked much better than before. you observed the crowd to make sure none of them said bad stuff about wooyoung and they didn't. while they were performing 'answer', you were enjoying the performance until you felt a sharp pain on your right shoulder. you screamed in pain and toppled over, knocking over some girls. they noticed and screamed at the sight of blood on your shoulder.

"someone get help!" one of the crew members ran over to you.

ateez was still performing but san and yunho got distracted, knocking into each other. they couldn't stop until it was over and when it did, they looked over to see what happened.

wooyoung's sharp eye caught a figure, which was you, on the floor and he got off stage to attend to you. he gently push away some girls and kneeled down to you.

"y-y/n?" he held your head on his lap, tears dripping down his cheeks. he looked up with angry tears. "who did this?! how could you harm someone like this?!"

two security guards held down a girl and removed her mask. "kim jisoo. she's one of your fansites, wooyoung-ah." his staff told him.

he gently put your head on the floor and walked over to her. "get out of my sight and i hope the police treats you mercilessly." was all he could say before going back to you. the girl thrashed about, yelling curse words at wooyoung only to get scolded by the fans around her and she was escorted to the police.

"y/n baby, are you okay?" he cupped your face.

"ugh... i'm fine. no biggie." you showed him a thumbs up. well, tried. you hissed when you lift your injured shoulder.

he scoffed. "don't tell me you're fine, pabo. i can see the blood. help is on the way."

"but i wanna sleep~" you managed to whine cutely and in return, he pinched your cheek.

"you won't be whining like this if it gets serious, babe."