《 jongho 》

genre: fluff

genre: fluff

disclaimer: "look, i know you're a hardass, but can you play with my hair? it would really help."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

            work was particularly tough for you today so when you came home and not find jongho in, you dropped to the ground near the door and hide your face in your knees.

jongho is that boyfriend who doesn't show emotion, as he'd say it was "unnecessary" for him to. even after dating for a year, he hardly showed any affection except that one time when your close relative member passed away. he remembered how depressed you were and comforted you the whole night.

but on normal days, he'll just blink and not say anything. sometimes he'd just type away on his phone. arguing with him was pointless since he will just roll his eyes and walk into the other room so you can calm down.

it made you sad your boyfriend acted that way but it was the little things that made you love the man. the little things that only you know and have seen. it was like he made you feel special.

once you calmed down, you went to the kitchen for some water and leaned over the counter waiting for jongho to come home. he was either at work or going out with the guys probably messing around again.

speak of the devil, the front door opened and jongho walked in his working clothes. he works as a waiter in a cafe called kq cafe where his friends are too. the eight of them decided to run a cafe for business and soon it turned into a popular cafe. it only became popular when wooyoung and san coloured their hairs so it attracted more customers that way.

well, actually, the boys did a lot of fan service so the girls viral them on social media and bam! their cafe turned into a zone full of girls. it worried you since jongho served a lot of female customers, he might bump into an attractive woman. typical reason to be insecure but hey, you couldn't help it.

"hey, babe." you greeted when he entered the kitchen.

jongho jumped at your voice and touched his chest. "you scare me, y/n. shouldn't you be sleeping?" he opened the fridge to get himself a drink.

"i just got back."

"overtime?"

you hummed. "yeah."

you were tempted to rant about your day but you knew he won't give that much reaction so you waved it off and went into your shared bedroom.

jongho watched your back and sighed. he was expecting you to talk about your day since he hasn't spoken to you the whole day so seeing you walk away into the other room upset him. he followed you after having a drink and heard the shower running. he sat on the bed, recalling his conversation with his friends.

"hyung, i need some advice." he asked seonghwa. seonghwa was an expert in reading girls' thoughts so he went to him.

"okay."

"i get flustered whenever y/n talks about her problems or simply ask for an opinion. whenever i want to give a reply, she just walks away and not do or say anything after that. i was wondering if she was being impatient? or am i just too slow?"

"no. you're an imbecile."

that made jongho's eyes widened. "m-me?"

"you're a hardass, was what hyung was trying to say." wooyoung walked in after he overheard their conversation. "we noticed how you are around her and i think you're not that good at expressing your feelings. as simple as holding hands, you're embarrassed and you just brush her off so it upsets her. yeosang saw you did it."

seonghwa glanced at wooyoung with shocked expression. "huh. i was going to say he was a tsundere and he should man the fuck up but you said it well, my son." he nudged the younger's arm.

"instead of walking away from your feelings, you should ask her how she feels. stop brushing her off like that." wooyoung patted the younger's shoulder.

"stop walking away from my feelings. got it." jongho whispered to himself as soon as you walked out from the bathroom with your pj's on and was surprised to see jongho in the same room as you. he blushed, seeing how beautiful you look each day. "u-um, y/n.."

you were in the middle of drying your hair. "what's up?" you sat beside him.

"h-how's your day?"

that surprised you.

he never asked you anything other than 'is there food?' or 'i'm going out tonight'. this was the first time he's ever asked about you and you found yourself speechless.

he noticed your reaction and rubbed his nape. "u-umm, i'm sorry. i was just asking because we haven't spoken the whole day a-and... i missed you." he really did miss you. oh, how he missed going on dates with you, watching you from the distance when you're doing something else and taking your pictures silently. he felt bad for not treating you right after a year and he was going to change that.

instead of answering, you put your head on his shoulder much to his surprise.

with a smile on your face, you grabbed his left hand and tightened your hold. "look, i know you're a hardass, but can you play with my hair? it would really help."

jongho chuckled and brushed your wet hair. "of course, love."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

who's the best writer? NOT ME. i'm done. did you watch answer???? LIKE WHAT THE NANI. HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO COPE WITH LIFE AFTER THIS? BOP OF THE YEAR SISTERS. THANK YOU GOD FOR PUTTING ME TO THIS WORLD TO APPRECIATE ATEEZ. SDFGHJKLFKDCBDJ