Sick From the Melt

We all walked together to go backstage. The guys all grabbed their instruments and started warming up, preparing to go on stage.

"Good luck, guys." I smiled to them while taking a seat up on an amp like I did all of the last tour.

The guys all fist bumped each other and then waited for their que to go on stage.

"What's up, Denver?!" Chris screamed into the mic just as the guys started their first song.

~~~

They played an amazing set as always, and this time I didn't get any death glares from a certain member of the band.

What the hell was happening to the Ricky I knew?

The guys all went back to their dressing room to change, and I decided it was time for bed. I was exhausted and I barely did anything!

I'm glad that I wasn't doing merch tonight. I'd probably pass out in the middle of selling something.

I made my way outside of the venue and straight for the RV. I made sure to grab the keys from Chris on the way out.

I grabbed my duffel bag once I got into the RV and dug out some pajama pants and a motionless in white shirt. I quickly changed and then got into the warm bunk, fully prepared to fall asleep.

I was almost fully asleep when I heard someone come back into the bunks. I didn't even hear them come into the RV!

It was probably Ghost. He was good at sneaking up on people since he was so quiet.

I turned back over and closed my eyes again, but this time I heard the curtain to my bunk open and felt someone get in.

I was a little panicked at first, but then I realized that they smelled like cigarettes and cologne. It was Ricky.

"Don't you have your fans to meet?" I mumbled quietly.

"I'm tired." He said quietly.

He instantly pulled me close like he usually did when he was sleeping, but he was awake. I tensed up.

"Ricky, what are you doing?" I asked a little panicked.

"I just want to talk. You don't have to say anything. Just listen." He said.

Oh no, he was going to yell at me from earlier. Oh no. I prepared for the worst.

"I'm really sorry for how I treated you. I feel like such a terrible person... A failure at someones husband. I'm suppose to be the one that protects you, loves you and makes you happy, but all I see is a sad girl when I look at you. I want to make us work, Abby." He said quietly into my ear. Did he really just say all of that? Are you sure this wasn't some silly, sick joke that he was going to get a kick out of?

"That's going to take time, Ricky. You treated me like shit for the past six months." I said.

"I know that. And I'm sorry! I never hated you, Abby. I just hated the idea of being married and you happened to be the one I took my anger out on. You don't know how sorry I am." He said sitting up a little bit.

I turned to face him. Even though it was dark in the bunk, I could see the outline of his face from the light that was on in the bunks.

"But now that we are married you're just going to all of the sudden be nice?" I asked, getting upset.

"No! No it's not that!" He said almost immediately.

"Then what is it?"

"At first I thought my life was going to be over. I thought that the band would break apart because I had started my own personal life by being forced to get married to someone I didn't know." He started. "But now I can see it. This band is stronger than ever and our relationship won't affect my career. Just because I'm married doesn't mean that my life is over."