Lipstick Stains Like Acid Rain

"Let me see the baby!" Kelly said almost instantly.

"Shh." I hushed her quickly. "She's sleeping. We're putting her to bed for now, and I would like to actually look presentable for once. Everyone just hang tight for a bit." I mumbled before taking Ricky's hand and pulling him up the stairs.

We went to Mia's room first, which was completed during my time in the hospital, thanks to the girls.

I leaned over and unbuckled my sleeping girl, and then carefully placed her in the crib.

"We can't just leave her here by herself, Abby." Ricky said as I looked at her.

"I'm aware you idiot."

"Woah, no need for name calling."

I sighed. "Sorry, Baby. I'm frustrated. There's people in my house."

"Well since there's no baby monitor hooked up just yet, why don't you ask one of the girls to stay up here for a bit?" Ricky suggested.

"Will you go get Allie?"

"Of course. You go get yourself cleaned up." Ricky said, leaving a kiss on my forehead.

I left the room just after Ricky did and headed towards the master bathroom.

I quickly stripped myself of clothing and started the shower immediately.

I let the hot beads of water run down my body for whoever knows how long, until I was ready to actually do something productive in the shower.

I looked over to where we kept the shampoo and grabbed my bottle...And it was empty.

Sighing, I picked up Ricky's which smelled like axe and started massaging the suds into my hair.

I sat down on the ground of the shower and let the water take out any of the shampoo left and closed my eyes.

It was so relaxing to just sit here with the sound of water. I could fall asleep right here if I wanted.

"Abby?" I heard Ricky call just as the door opened, pulling me out of my trance.

"Hmm." I responded.

"Are you okay sweetie? You've been in there for at least twenty minutes and I would like some hot water too." Ricky laughed.

"Then come use the hot water. I'm relaxing." I mumbled, keeping my eyes closed.

"Are you comfortable with that?" Ricky asked, skeptical.

"Ricky I really don't give a fuck. I just pushed a baby out of me and stayed in the hospital for quite some time. I'm resting. If you need to shower then come on in." I snapped, not actually meaning to.

"Okay." Ricky mumbled.

I heard the lock of the door click and soon I heard the door open to the shower.

"Why are you on the floor?" Ricky asked.

"Because I am." I mumbled.

"Did you use my shampoo?"

"Yes. I ran out of mine."

"Okay." Ricky mumbled.

Somehow after smelling the shampoo again, a wave of realization hit me.

I'm literally in a shower with Ricky... I mean it's not like I've seen anything since my eyes have been closed, but I can't help but start feeling slightly uncomfortable.

Abby, this is your husband. Stop. I had to tell myself.

Soon, the shower was turned off and the door to the shower was opened again, letting in the cold air.