𝟎𝟑𝟗

"𝙼𝚒𝚗𝚒𝚖𝚊𝚕 𝙻𝚘𝚜𝚜"
ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ
𝕥𝕦𝕖𝕤𝕕𝕒𝕪 𝕞𝕠𝕣𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕘

     "YOU REALLY DIDN'T HAVE TO make me lunch, JJ," Noah says as looks at the paper bag that JJ put a fully-prepped lunch in.

JJ is driving Noah to school.  If JJ is honest, she loves the feeling of looking after Noah.  She has always wanted to be a mother and finding the motherly instinct within herself when she is around Noah excites her.

"I just thought you'd like it." The blonde replies with a smile.

"Thanks," Noah beams, "For making the lunch and letting me stay with you."

"Last night was fun! It's nice to have someone at the apartment with me."

"Well...maybe you should get a boyfriend," Noah suggests with a smile.

"If you think I have time for a boyfriend—"

"I think you do,"

"What makes you say that?" JJ questions the teen.

"Oh, c'mon, you're all married to the job." Noah says as she rolls her eyes, "I mean, it's the only reason Morgan doesn't have a girl on each arm."

"Our job isn't exactly normal," JJ notes as she pulls into the carpool line.

"Well, no, but it's a great conversation starter on a first date." Noah giggles, "Or you could just do what Emily did and get a cat."

"I will definitely take that into consideration," JJ says with a bright smile.

"I'll be at the office a bit after school," Noah says as she opens the passenger door.

"You don't need me to pick you up?"

"No, I'm good, I can walk," Noah reassures the blonde and grabs her backpack from the floor.

"Okay, well, have a good day, sweetie." JJ beams and places a quick kiss on Noah's cheek.

"Bye, Jayge!" The teen sings and leaves the car to rush into school.

𝘫𝘰𝘦'𝘴 𝘣𝘰𝘰𝘬𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘦

"No, you can't do that!" Jess exclaims as Noah tries to move her chess piece illegally.

"I was just checking to see if you were paying attention," Noah chuckles and moves another piece.

"I think you were cheating, Noah Prentiss." The blonde says with a smile.

"And I think you're taking this too seriously, Jessica Finch," Noah replies and looks up at Jess.  She admires the smile that has been plastered on her face ever since their walk to the bookstore.

"I'm trying to go for a winning streak here," Jess says.

"Oh, really?" Noah asks and sees Jess' blues meet her own.

"Really," The blonde replies with a single nod.

"Oops," Noah says as she knocks one of Jess' pieces over.

"Noah—"

"What?" The brunette replies as she holds in her laugh.

"You're doing this because you're losing," Jess pokes fun at Noah. She watches as the brunette takes one of her pieces.

"Noah," Jess warns her.

"Sorry," Noah whines and holds the piece out. When Jess goes to reach for it, she pulls it away again.