La Toxica

chapter thirty-six; La Toxica

"HAVE SOME TEA."
Umbridge gestured to the cup.

Stella laughed nervously, "no thank you. I'm not a real tea fan. Got any strawberry shake? I'm sort of feeling healthy."

"Unfortunately I do not."

Stella avoided her gaze, watching the hideous clock tick. Umbridge cleared her throat.

"Miss Holland, I hear you have involvement with rather rebellious students... Can you confirm that there's been illegal activities happening within the school?"

She reached to fiddle with the tie she no longer had, cursing herself for throwing it at Draco.
Stella stood straighter, clasping her hands together. She tried her best to seem ✨professional✨

"Well, you see, sometimes I have this thing where I can't really understand anything you're saying. Like right now, you spoke too fast and I did not hear a single thing you just said."

Umbridge gave her a strained smile, one that Stella matched. "Are you aware of any retaliation secret meetings?"

"Say what? Like hUUH? Miss ma'am, do you actually believe i know what the word 'retaliation' means?" Stella abruptly stood, "like I know I'm slow okay? But you don't have to personally attack me."

"Miss Holland, please take a seat-"

Stella ran a hand through her hair, "now I'm not trying to relate to the grammarly ad, but that's too wordy and hard to understand. Like I hope you know I'm just a fifteen year old that doesn't know how to spell look and luck.

"And I don't know how to tie my shoes, sometimes I forget my left from right... I still don't know the perfect square of 64! But I'm still young, and I'm sure I'll understand when I'm older, but please go easy on me." Stella rambled.

Umbridge glanced around awkwardly.

"A-and I'm not in the middle of a mental breakdown, I don't have the correct playlist in my head for that. And sure sometimes I joke around, but I genuinely have no idea what I'm doing here." Stella stared at the clock, "that thing is just irritating me."

She walked towards it, ripping it off the wall and stomping on it.
"I don't understand why people tell me I'm not okay, because I totally am."

Umbridge sighed, standing up and pushing away her own annoyance. "I think it's best for you to go, Miss Holland..."

Stella nodded, making her way out of the threshold, but Umbitch's voice stopped her.

"Please seek some guidance..." She said with clear disgust.

Stella walked down the staircase with a smug smile, patting Draco on the shoulder as she walked by.
"Good luck."

"What happened in there?"

"Nothing out of the ordinary."

Then Umbridge walked out of the room, "Eli Palmer."

She saw as her friend kicked off the wall, sleepily walking over. "What card do I play?" He whispered into Stella's ear.

"Don't do the 'I'm not okay' card, I just did that one."

He nodded, "I'll just do the 'delaying the conversation' one."

Eli plopped down on the chair, his eyes automatically going to the shattered clock. "I wonder what happened."

"Now, Eli, dear. Tell me anything that sounds suspicious."

He raised a brow, "anything?"

"Yes, anything."

"Well, I heard that you and Filch are hooking up. And I don't know about you but that's pretty suspicious," Eli laid back in his chair, reaching for the tea. He took a sip and scrunched up his face.
"You have any honey?"

***
Draco smirked up at the new decree being put up.

'Those wishing to join the inquisitorial squad for extra credit may sign up in the high inquisitor's office.'

Stella, besides Luna, squinted up at the small lettering.
Draco turned and met her gaze, "let's join."

As the students started to disperse, Luna lingered. "You can go, I'll meet up with you in a few." Stella assured her.

When she left and they were the only two left in the hall, she placed a hand on her hip, cocking her head to the side. "'Let's join'?"

Draco's smirk faded slowly, but he's confidence didn't waver. "What. We get to pound information from others, and get benefits from being on top."

"'Pound information from others'?"

"Why are you quoting everything I say."

"Why? Because I'm trying to get my two brain cells to wrap around what you're saying. Now I know our life ain't wattpad shit-"

"I still don't know what that is."

Stella pursed her lips, trying to rein in La Toxica. "Who cares what you know or don't know." She prodded at his chest, forcing him to take steps back. "Why are you saying things like that."

"I'm a Slytherin. What do you expect." He shrugged.

Stella threw her head back in false laughter. "Oh? Are you letting your House trait define you, and dictate how you act? Are you allowing it to be your only personally trait?

"I'm a Hufflepuff. They're kind and sweethearts, but don't think for a second I won't call you out on your bullshit." Stella laughed again breathlessly, "because what you said is not cash money of you."

"Being top of the food chain is what I want. I wouldn't want you thinking that I'm going to change my ways for you."

Stella rolled her eyes. "I would never dream of that."

She backed up, "don't involve me in that. I want no part of it."

"I want no part of you." Draco blurted out, in a desperate attempt to stab at her heart.

And although it did hurt her, she didn't let her outer appearance be fazed. "I am so glad you convinced me out of that tattoo I was going to get of our initials."

Stella started to turn her back on him, his worst fear coming alive, "if I catch you 'pounding information out of others', I'm going to rock your shit, and not the way we both want."

And now Stella had an even more stronger reason to better herself in magic. To stop Draco Malfoy from making her seem like a dummy.