maybe just maybe

chapter thirty-eight; Maybe Just Maybe

⚠️TW: not spicy but spicy content coming up⚠️
(tbh, barely half a 🌶,,, maybe a full one at best?? idk)

you have been warned.

"IT'S THE FACT THAT YOU KEEP OPENLY FOLLOWING ME." Stella said in annoyance.

She didn't need to look back to know that the one who she had spent the majority of her time with was standing behind a giant pillar. She felt his eyes burning into her back.
"Though I'm not entirely sure I should be flattered or not, but it is creepy."

Stella talked as she clipped parts of her hair together in the middle. "And as much as I love talking to myself, it's getting annoying that you pretend you're not there."

She heard a sigh and more shuffling. Stella almost sighed of relief herself. She had almost believed that she had been talking to herself, and was imagining the burning holes she felt on her back.

"I thought I did a pretty good job." Draco admitted.

Stella nodded, "maybe, but I've been in Chicago during Black Friday, and I took the last new laptop. I could feel about a dozen people waiting to pounce on me. One person in particular had followed me for a long time."

That was before she had obviously figured out it was Abraham, who had been looking at her with a hungry stare. He'd wanted the laptop to give to Leo on Christmas, but it had turned out that Leo had preordered it ages ago and had already had it hooked up.

"Yeah..." He said awkwardly. Then he strode up to her side. "I saw you skipped dinner."

She raised a brow, "I didn't feel like participating in conversation."

"Okay. Well, what about now?" He stepped in front of her. "Do you feel like telling me anything about a group of students gathering?"

"I wrote a fan fiction about you and the green apple I saw you eat." She blurted out.

It was a nervous habit. She knew she wasn't allowed to say anything, and it was something that had been nagging at her.

He seemed momentarily shocked, before he overcame it. Draco seemed to be getting better at her sudden outbursts.

"And somehow Shrek ended up in it."

"Who's Shrek?"

Stella whipped out her phone, thankful for the shift in conversation. She was close to breaking. And he didn't even say much. He just had to look at her the way he did and she felt like giving him her cutout board of Mr. Worldwide.

"Here." She gave him the phone.

Draco stared at the pictures of the said Shrek without reaction. Slowly, he let his arm fall to his side, "Stella." He said in that tone that made her legs tremble.

She avoided eye contact. Stella would not be the reason why their army got caught, no way. She managed to evade telling Umbitch, she could evade this.

"Look at me." His hand, the one with the rings, gripped her chin, jerking it in his direction.

Stella gasped at the sudden movement. "Wow. That's hot. What do you want? Want me to get on my knees?" She whipped her cloak to the side, "say less."

Confused, his hand on her chin dropped to her arm, grabbing her back up. "What? No. Stop it."

"Okay, so guess you're not down to wrestle the adult way." She joked, hoping to bring the conversation in a different direction.