LuciPOV: Getting Shot

"Why do humans think they can rectify one evil with another?" Lucifer said as he walked towards the woman holding a gun on him. Her name was Lindsay, and as it turned out, she was the mastermind behind her own kidnapping. "I mean, it's clearly the first time this reptile has truly loved a woman and this is his reward?"

Lindsay's brother came at him, but it was almost effortless to push him back. Lucifer had eyes only for the one trying to right a wrong with another wrong. Didn't it mean anything to her that he was trying to change? Weren't mortal's the ones capable of growth and change? They did, after all, change almost constantly, yet here she was doing everything in her power to get pay back for his past indiscretions. How were people supposed to change if no one gave them a chance?

And suddenly Lucifer was angry. Very angry. He decided Lindsay deserved to know where she was going. She deserved to know who she was up against. Lucifer revealed his face to her and at once her hands fell, her gun dropping to the ground.

"I'm sorry," she said, hands in the air. "Please don't hurt me."

"Why does everyone say that before they're punished?" Lucifer asked, though he knew she wouldn't answer.

"Lucifer," the detective's voice came from behind him. "Don't move."

"Detective, you should leave," Lucifer said calmly without turning around.

"Who are you?" the detective asked. There was something different in her tone of voice and Lucifer couldn't help but wonder if she'd caught a glimpse of his true face.

He turned around to face her.

"What are you?" she asked next. He didn't answer, but instead just watched her. There was something so vexing about this woman.

"Did you do this?" the detective continued, taking in the room. All the humans apart from Chloe were all cowering in fear.

"I've been trying to tell you," Lucifer said, exasperated. "I'm the Devil."

"That's... that's not possible," she said. She'd lowered her gun now though it hardly mattered.

"I assure you, Detective, it is," Lucifer said defiantly. "I mean, you've said so yourself there are things you can't explain. You need more proof? You've got the gun. Come on, shoot me."

"I can't shoot you," she replied.

"Sure you can," Lucifer said easily. "Go on, give her a squeeze, we'll be good to go."

"No."

"Just shoot me, Detective! Please because maybe you'll finally realize-"

But his words were interrupted by her gun firing. Lucifer felt a point of pressure on his lower leg. Such a sweet girl, she hadn't even gone for a kill shot.

"There, now do you believe me?" Lucifer asked. "Or was just a leg shot not enough to convince you, hmm? How about the head next time?"

The detective just stared at him, or more accurately, at his leg.

"Maybe I missed," she said, but it was almost a mumble, like she was trying to convince herself.

"Just give it here," Lucifer sighed, reaching forward and grabbing her gun. Pointing it at himself Lucifer fired at his own chest, once again feeling that slight flick of pressure this time right over his heart.

"Is that enough for you, Detective?" he asked. "Or do you need me to show you my Devil face as well? Though I do prefer to reserve that for people I don't like."

Again she just stared at him, almost unblinking.

"You're the Devil," she said, under her breath.