LuciPOV: Auction House

Lucifer walked up to the building with Chloe at his side. He was wearing one of his better black tie suits while Chloe was wearing a quite lovely long sleeved black lace dress with a deep v neckline. She was always beautiful, but when she really put in the effort instead of her usual cop clothes the results were quite stunning.

"Did you manage to get an invitation?" Chloe asked.

"I have another plan," Lucifer replied. He had indeed tried to get an invitation, but this party was rather more exclusive than most.

"Did you call in a favour or...?" Chloe trailed off clearly intending it to be a question.

"Nope. Money Detective," Lucifer said. "Money always works."

"You should have told me you didn't have a plan!" Chloe grumbled under her breath. "I have contacts too, you know."

Lucifer didn't say anything. Maybe he should have let her get them into the party, but it was too late now. "Next time, Detective," he said.

"I really hope there isn't a next time," Chloe groaned.

They stopped talking as they approached the doorman.

"Hello," Lucifer said with a smile.

"Private party," the doorman said in a dead voice.

"I understand this event is very exclusive but surely you've got room for just two more?" As Lucifer spoke he got some money out of his jacket and placed it into the doorman's pocket.

To Lucifer's great disappointment the doorman didn't move a muscle. His face was completely unchanged.

"Unless you have business here, scram," the doorman said firmly.

This was no good at all.

"Maybe we should go," Chloe suggested, but Lucifer wasn't about to give up. Looking around he saw a security camera. At a live event surely the feed would be monitored and perhaps by more than just security.

Reaching into his pants pocket Lucifer tried again. "Funny you should say that, perhaps I do have something that might interest those keen religious relics." He held up his hell coin and showed it to the camera.

The doorman stopped to listen to someone in his earpiece then instructed them to follow him at once. They were taken to a back room and sat down in front of the guy Lucifer assumed was in charge here.

"The coin please?" the man asked. Lucifer handed it over to be appraised. Chloe was sitting beside him, looking calm in that way she did when she was actually very alert.

"It's like nothing I've ever seen," the appraiser said, his eyes wide as he gazed at Lucifer's coin.

"Congratulations, Mr. Morningstar," the leader of the auction said. "The Catholics and the Satanists will be clawing for this coin. With any luck we may have a bidding war on our hands."

"Who would've thought eh?" Lucifer said. "The Devil's coin worthy of so much love."

"Don't you already have enough items to sell?" Chloe added.

"One can never have enough," Mr Grant replied, with a greedy look in his eye.

"Yes, but it must have been difficult to track down so many," Chloe continued. "Items like that are rare."

Grant got a glint in his eye then, that told Lucifer he really didn't care if the items were real or not.

"That is if they are authentic," Chloe finished her thought.

"If they aren't that is news to me," Grant smiled as if to say 'plausible deniability'.

"Sounds to me like you are taking advantage of your customer's faith," Lucifer said.