ChloePOV: Goddess Confess

It was hard to keep her mind on normal cop stuff when Chloe knew there was an evil dagger bent on converting people to kill just floating around the city.

Normally with such a brutal murder she'd be looking for someone who really hated Maddie, but with the new information Lucifer had given her Chloe was now looking for someone with a very petty grievance against the victim. She wasn't sure how she was going to explain this to her superiors but that was a problem for later. First she had to catch the guy.

"Got anything?" Chloe asked as she walked in on Lopez jamming out to music while she worked.

"Yep," Ella said as she took out her earbuds and went over to collect something. "I rehydrated the burnt pieces of paper and they look to be some kind of map to the big hole in the ground you guys found. The only other thing I could make out was a logo. I looked it up and it seemed to be for a law firm. R&W"

"Richards and Wheeler!" Chloe explained. This was all starting to make sense. Lucifer's mother inside Charlotte Richard's body owned that firm. Chloe thanked Lopez and then bolted from the room to tell Lucifer.

The devil wasn't at her desk making a mess like usual. After looking around for a minute or so, she found him in the precinct kitchen eating a yogurt.

"Lopez figured it out," Chloe told him. She noticed that the yogurt in question had the word 'Dan' on it but decided to ignore it. They had bigger things to deal with right now. She then went on to explain to Lucifer how his mother had to be a part of this.

"I don't know why I'm surprised," Lucifer grumbled. "She always makes chaos wherever she goes."

"I think we should go talk to her," Chloe replied.

"And by that I hope you mean me," Lucifer counted.

"Definitely not," Chloe stated firmly before turning towards the door and her car. "You coming?"

"Do I have a choice?" Lucifer asked. Chloe replied that he did not and they left.

While they drove, Lucifer talked a bit about his mother and some of the things she'd done in the past that he hadn't liked. If Chloe wasn't mistaken the devil seemed anxious, like the case was starting to hit a bit too close to home, or maybe he just would have rather confronted his mother alone. She couldn't tell.

Lucifer didn't say anything as they got out of the car and headed into the building. Chloe flashed her badge to get past the front desk and then they were up on their way to the top floor.

"Let me do the talking," Chloe told Lucifer.

"Can't make any promises there," the devil replied.

Knowing that was about as good as it would get, Chloe opened the door, hoping Lucifer wouldn't lose his cool with his mother.

"I said no interrupts," Charlotte - or rather the goddess - said. "So unless you are that broad shouldered intern from this morning-"

"This is official police business," Chloe replied.

"That hardly matters," Charlotte responded without looking up from her desk.

"Mum!" Lucifer snapped and the goddess looked up.

"Hello son," she said with a smile. The way the goddess was looking at Lucifer and ignoring her, it was almost like Chloe wasn't there. She decided to make herself known.

"We have reason to believe you lead humans to Azrael's blade knowing it would lead to chaos and death," Chloe stated.

"Have you ever heard of something called the reverse cowgirl?" the goddess asked, turning to Chloe in an annoyed kinda way. "You look like you could use one."