LuciPOV: Car Accident

Lucifer had rather enjoyed his most recent assignment from the Detective, and dragging his confusing brother along had been a stroke of genius. Amendieal hasn't been acting like himself lately. He seemed so worried about their mom still being on earth, yet he hadn't flown her back to hell. Amendieal said he couldn't fly her to hell which confused Lucifer even more. Won't fly her back was one thing, but can't didn't make sense.

The information Lucifer and Dan had gathered at the illegal sex club did give them a lead. When they tracked down the guy who'd paid for the poisoned drinks, the first thing he did was almost puke on Lucifer's shoes. It turned out he was sick because he'd finished one of the poisoned drinks without realizing they were spiked, which ruled him out as the killer. However, he was able to tell them about the third girl. He couldn't give them the real name of the woman, but when he showed them a picture Lucifer recognized her as the victim's neighbour, even though she was wearing a wig.

Without wasting time, they headed back to the apartment complex of the two dead women and their killer. Lucifer looked up the woman on her social media accounts while Chloe was driving. Where had this phone been all his life? Lucifer didn't know. It had been wasted before when he'd only used it for texting and calling. Really that was the least impressive thing this device could do.

When they arrived the killer was packing her stuff into boxes, claiming she had a flight to catch in an hour. Lucifer began to explain things to the killer calmly, just to make sure she knew she was caught, but all the calmness left him when the woman put an exacto knife to Chloe's throat.

Lucifer felt that instinctual panic again. He was almost getting used to the feeling, as it seemed to happen any time Chloe was in danger, and she had quite the dangerous job. He wanted to move forward and act, but Chloe held up a hand to stop him.

"Is this the part where you wish I had a gun, Detective?" Lucifer asked, trying not to show his worry.

"Shut up," Chloe said. "I got this." Then she addressed the woman with the exacto knife to her throat. "You took advantage of those girls, and pretended to be their friend."

"They called me," the woman went on. "They were desperate for my help. They wanted to know everything, where to hike, how to get an apartment."

"And in return you preyed on them," Chloe said. "Trying to make money by bringing in newbies."

"I should have made it by now!" the woman exclaimed. "LA was supposed to be easy."

Just then Lucifer's phone went off, and Chloe took advantage of the distraction. The tight feeling in Lucifer's chest completely disappeared once the Detective had the other lady in handcuffs.

"You know with her going away and those two dead I believe there is an apartment vacancy," Lucifer said cheerfully.

"I'm not moving into a dead girl's apartment," Chloe replied.

"Of course not," Lucifer said. "The killer's is much nicer."

Chloe just rolled her eyes at him as he'd expected her too. Even so, he felt sure she'd at least consider the idea. Lucifer was still enjoying the relief he felt at Chloe no longer being in danger.

With the case solved it wasn't long before Lucifer found himself back at his penthouse. Even if he'd never say it outloud, it was always bittersweet when they solved a murder. Lucifer enjoyed punishing the guilty, but a case solved meant more time away from Chloe. Lucifer much preferred it when she was around to when she wasn't.

Lucifer was sitting at his piano, just plucking at the keys in no particular order. He hadn't decided what song he wanted to play yet when the elevator door opened to reveal a very hung over Amenadiel.