LuciPOV: Angel Backup

Lucifer really wished he hadn't smashed up his bar. Where was he supposed to get a drink if the only alcohol left was dripping down the walls? He supposed he could go downstairs to the bar at Lux, but with Amenadiel looking at Chloe like that Lucifer wasn't going anywhere.

"What is she doing here?" was the first thing Amenadiel said upon noticing the Detective.

"Well brother, before you so rudely interrupted, the Detective and I were in the middle of catching a killer," Lucifer explained. "You know the one you created and subsequently freed."

"Since when are there stairs?" Chloe asked. Lucifer just looked at her.

"Since always, Detective," he said. "Are you alright?"

"Not sure," Chloe replied. "But that is a problem for later. We have to go after Malcolm. Who knows-."

And just like that the Detective was unnaturally motionless.

"Bloody hell," Lucifer groaned at his brother, throwing his arms up in frustration. "Stop with the time freezing already! Have you forgotten that the Detective already knows about celestials?"

"There's no need to give her more information," Amenadiel said. "Besides, Maze was right. We used her and Malcolm. People have died because of us."

"Because of you, you mean," Lucifer corrected him.

"Yes, because of me," Amenadiel admitted. "Brother, somehow I lost sight of the bigger picture, of the cost of my actions and just how truly selfish they were. But my eyes are wide open now and I need to make this right. I need to find Malcolm and send him back to hell. Will you help me, brother?"

"Weren't you listening?" Lucifer said. "That's what the Detective and I were trying to do when you froze her."

"I don't want her help," Amenadiel shot back. "I want yours."

"Well, tough," Lucifer said. "Because we need her."

"I don't understand your fixation with her," Amenadiel said, annoyed.

"Join the club," Lucifer said. "But if you want to catch Malcolm, that's the deal, so if you don't mind turning the clocks back on, hmm?"

Looking more annoyed than Lucifer thought the situation warranted, Amenadiel resumed time.

"-what he'll do next," the Detective resumed her unfinished sentence. Then she stopped. "Wait a moment, weren't you guys standing just a little more over there?"

"He froze time again," Lucifer said. "But nevermind that. We have a murderer to hunt down."

"Right," Chloe said. Then she turned to leave. She stopped as she noticed Amenadiel following them. "Wait. Why is he coming? Isn't he the one who is behind all this? A moment ago I thought you two were going to kill each other!"

"See brother, this is why character building conversations should be held within the flow of time," Lucifer told Amenadiel. "So we don't have to repeat ourselves."

Lucifer turned to Chloe and said. "Sorry you were once again so rudely cut out of the conversation, Detective, but my brother has had a change of heart. He wants to help us get Malcolm now."

"What?" Chloe said dubiously. "All of a sudden?"

"Yes," Lucifer said.

"And you believe him?" Chloe asked. "Even after he did that to your face?"

Lucifer could feel the extent of his injuries, but judging by the Detective's words they showed quite a lot more than he thought.

"Strangely enough, I do," Lucifer said. "Actually what was harder to believe was his falling so far from grace to begin with."