LuciPOV: Dancing Devil

Lucifer had only promised to let Chloe go alone because of the way she'd phrased her question. It left a lovely loophole for him to follow behind her. There was no way in hell, earth or heaven he was going to let Chloe Decker face that vile man alone. The very idea of her lying on the ground, cold and still, did things to Lucifer he didn't have words for. If the Devil had anything to say about it Chloe was going to live, no matter how this went down.

By the time Lucifer got to the warehouse Chloe was already inside, standing unarmed in front of Malcolm who had a gun on her. It took all Lucifer's strength to stay in the shadows. He wanted so badly to destroy the gun threatening her life and the man along with it, but Trixie was still in danger. Malcolm had her at his side, so Lucifer was patient. He waited. Chloe pulled off her end by getting Malcolm to release Trixie before showing him the money. Lucifer watched as Chloe spoke to her daughter and then Trixie ran off.

Chloe opened the truck to show Malcolm his money. The gun wasn't pointed at Chloe anymore. Lucifer wondered if he could wait, until even the Detective was out of harm's way before acting.

"It's all there," Chloe said. "It's in the bag."

"I believe you," Malcolm said, raising the gun back up to point it at Chloe.

It was then that Lucifer knew Malcolm had no interest in simply getting his money. He wanted to hurt Chloe.

"I was going to shoot you at Palmetto," Malcolm began. "And now I feel like I've been given a second chance."

That was it. Lucifer came out from the shadows. Malcolm turned to see who was there, and Lucifer watched Chloe run and hide.

"Exactly, you were given a second chance at life," Lucifer said, trying to stall for time. "Looks to me like you're wasting it."

"Hey buddy," Malcolm said. "Long time no frame."

"Yes well that didn't actually stick like you wanted it to," Lucifer replied. "We didn't even find the body until well after everyone knew what you are."

"Oh, and what am I?" Malcolm asked, humor in his voice.

"A senseless murder," Lucifer replied easily. "Fits quite well don't you think? What with you pointing that gun at me and all."

"Clearly trying to frame you wasn't enough," Malcolm continued. "I should probably find a more permanent solution. Can't have the Devil hunting me down, now can I?"

"Give me the gun, Malcolm," Lucifer said. He was running out of stalling ideas. He hadn't really had a plan before rushing in here.

"I'm not afraid of you," Malcolm replied. "All you are doing is getting yourself killed and just to buy your precious detective some time. It's disappointing really. The Devil running around after a human. It's pathetic. I can't believe I ever looked up to you."

"You have it all wrong," Lucifer said. "I've only come here to ask you a question." He really was running out of stalling ideas. Hopefully, Chloe had more. "What is it that you desire?"

His hope of her brilliant plan was crushed when Chloe appeared walking towards them from Lucifer's right with her hands up. Lucifer wished she'd thought of a better idea. All this did was put her in danger again, which was the very thing he was trying to prevent.

"You don't want to do this Malcolm," Chloe said. She was quite close now, just a few feet away from Lucifer. "You made a deal with the Devil, remember? If you shoot him, that coin won't be yours anymore."

"That isn't how it works," Malcolm said quickly. "Since when do you know about our deal?"

"Since I told her," Lucifer replied easily. "And actually she is, in fact, right about that. Go back on a deal with the Devil and the whole thing is null and void."